Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
That's what I meant... Did I imply Windows unknowingly?
It was the "or" that I didn't like (cd _or_ use LD_LIBRARY PATH). Should have been an "and".

Windows implicitly adds "." when searching executables or libraries, and a lot of people expect that Linux will behave that way as well. Hence my comment.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
It was the "or" that I didn't like (cd _or_ use LD_LIBRARY PATH). Should have been an "and".

Windows implicitly adds "." when searching executables or libraries, and a lot of people expect that Linux will behave that way as well. Hence my comment.
Ah; didn't know that as I've never really done such a thing on Windows

I meant what you had implied but yeah the message can be confusing... Apologies for that...

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I've got some great ideas for UI, will share them tomorrow.
Concept will take a lot longer to do than I expected. On weekend I got more time for it. Meanwhile three teasers:

Last edited by Morpog; 2013-01-16 at 21:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Excited for the final build. Any beta .deb files coming soon?

Nice work! Just a suggestion though, with the multitabs, they tend to take up a lot of space. So it would be good if they only appeared when you held down the menu button instead of being there all the time.

You should know that I can't code at all, so this is just graphical artwork based on my ideas.

Oh and no, those tabs would not be showed all the time. Wait for the video where it's animated to see how it will work

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Concept will take a lot longer to do than I expected. On weekend I got more time for it. Meanwhile three teasers:

Neat Can't wait to see it on our N9's !

You should do sth for the "X" to close the tabs though. Make it more integrated. Other than that it's very good.

Did dev's say sth about putting your work inside the code ? Hope it will happen !

Last edited by sandy_locke; 2013-01-16 at 21:53.

Well, I just showed it 10 mins ago. Hopefully a coder picks the ideas up or contacts me to get the job done together.

Maybe the coders got even better ideas than I do, or just dislike mine :-)
Let's see what happens. But I will continue working on the concept, so hopefully I can get it done on weekend.

I work with mozilla engine day in and day out. I can help. How do I?

I actually like implementation of current XUL Fennec tabs, which shows previews of each tab in the pane which you can pull from the side. I didn't see anything neater than that yet.

Tags
thread derailed