Posts: 11 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Cologne and New Delhi
Dear Friends,

Being a non-teche, I have requested for help concerning making dual batteries for me (about 2-3 months back), and got some nice advice from nice people of the fourm.

Since the problem was not solved, I didn't lost my enthusiasm to solve battery issues, so I finally endup with a nice solution.

For some people this may be a childs play or they might have tried this before, but I posted this with an attention to help some who may be like me without having experience to use soldering apparatus !

Protocol : (making available 2800 mAh battery compatible with N900)

1) I brought a 2800 mAH battary which is made for nokia 5800 and is commonly available in the market (10 euros as in Germany).

http://www.ebay.de/itm/EXTRA-POWER-A...item564f214ce6

2) One can make this battery compatible with nokia n900, just by using knife. I peeled off the over and the front lid (trust me it was really easy, I also have some experience with original nokia batteries, but peeling of the top over was really easy for this battery !)
file:///home/gauravahuja77/Dropbox/IMG_20141201_215328.jpg

3) The overall pins of the battery is flexible and can be protrude to the opposite side without breaking down and one can do this step without using any soldering etc etc

4) After manually molding the front pins, you may realise that it can now fit nicely to the corresponding pins of the n900.

file:///home/gauravahuja77/Dropbox/IMG_20141202_003625.jpg

5) Thats all, now i just put some soft sponges or hard cotton to the corners of the battery to make it stably localized to avoid disattachments (This is because the battery wont fit to the whole space )

6) Thats all :-) , here we have a good working high capacity battery. I have used bnf app and here is the pic which i have obtained with this battery
file:///home/gauravahuja77/Dropbox/IMG_20141202_003604.jpg

7) I hope this may help someone, who may be like me (non-expert) with soldering or electrical instruments.

I am really happy as this is the first time I have contributed soemthing to the community (apart from donations)!

Incase pictures wont appear, kindly refer to this dropbox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/88eymfpzn...POCx20Kea?dl=0

Many thanks from a Neurobiologist to all lovely ppl of this community !

Last edited by chemist; 2014-12-03 at 10:21.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gauravahuja77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Oh yea i also did something like this but i didnt have a mugen cover so reverted back
btw do you have that 5800 backcover and can tell me how it plays with the camera i.e flash blinding issues

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
@Nokiabot. I will soon try it out and get back to you soon as presently in the lab and the phone is at home :-(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gauravahuja77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Oh yea i also did something like this but i didnt have a mugen cover so reverted back
btw do you have that 5800 backcover and can tell me how it plays with the camera i.e flash blinding issues
Hi @Nokiabot, I have tried but no success with the cover which came along with 5800 battery. 1 quick suggestion: in case u wont have mugen cover, u still can make a try by using a silicon back cover. I have tried it and if u can make a rectangular cut on original back cover and further covered the whole back side with silicon back cover (preferable black one or any dark colored, i have dark brown), then it wont look bad !

Err looks like you tried 5800 back cover on n900 i asked you to check the 5800 backcover on 5800 and see if it has that nasty flash blinding problem in 5800 ex you can take a photo at night of the sky and see if its pitch black or whiteish
btw i also tried a silicon cover on n900 to hold stuff togther but that needs work i mean i am not enso that i carve out a mugen out of whale bone but i am trying to come up with something that can act as a mugen cover

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
@Nokiabot, :-p, i misunderstood you !

I dont have nokia 5800, I just brought its battery, with a intention to make it compatible with N900 :-)...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gauravahuja77 For This Useful Post:
Send me the backcover then i will check how much it costs is the backcover seperately available ?
btw i used a 1500mah battrey and its pretty gud without extra bulk you can get them for about rs 280 onwards from ( m naming gud local brands) belif ,hi-tech ,r-power etc

Hi Nokiabot,

I am presently in Cologne and will be coming to India in 4 months. I have no problem in giving you the back cover for 5800 and also silicon cover for nokia N900 for free as I am already having a good working n900 with mugen back cover and a brand new bb10 z30. I can share with you these items once i will be in India (March or April). Best : G.A.

Originally Posted by gauravahuja77 View Post
Hi Nokiabot,
I am presently in Cologne and will be coming to India in 4 months. I have no problem in giving you the back cover for 5800 and also silicon cover for nokia N900 for free as I am already having a good working n900 with mugen back cover and a brand new bb10 z30. I can share with you these items once i will be in India (March or April). Best : G.A.
for free thas a generous offer i am curious of that silicon cover !
btw if you can keep an eye on mugen and a nice screen protector

@Nokiabot, I will definitely keep on eye on Mugen cover and a good screen protector, in case i can find one. Furthermore, I have found some nice deal : http://www.ebay.de/itm/Nokia-N900-gr...item4ae0cbe3a0

A lot of stuff for N900 fans !

The Following User Says Thank You to gauravahuja77 For This Useful Post: