Notices

Hey guys, after alot of hard internet trawling I've managed to come up with a fix for running these gba games that white screen on startup (pokemon ruby / sapphire / emerald for example).

The basic solution I knew already was changing save type to flash 128k, but VGBA doesn't have a simple flash option like its eeprom counterparts.

The problem was that other emulators do the hard part themselves when set to flash 128k in the save options menu, so to make this happen in vgba as well I had to find the FlashRom ID which was no easy task... But here it is:

Just use either 09C2 or 1362 as the FlashRom ID in "Configuration > Hardware options" and then press reset from the menu and fingers crossed it should work fine. There are still some save corruption issues though but all in all it works better than not at all

Hope this works for you guys as well, tested on Pokemon Emerald so far and it works like a charm.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xaero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Tried that but it will only let me input three numbers. very odd.

And now it works...................bloody thing.

Last edited by devensega; 2010-08-10 at 00:35. Reason: resolved

Glad you got it to work, had me worried there for a sec :P hope it helps

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
I only tried this to see if it would get Advance Wars 2 to work.

It didn't

can you tell me how you managed to find the flashROM ID?

im having trouble with some other ROMs

This solved saving partially but will not allow me to proceed after E4 in Pokémon Fire Red as that forces a game save. What this changed was pretty much that saving isn't disabled anymore, but to use the in-game save properly, you have to save 2 times (as it always claim the save to be corrupted while it isn't).