Active Topics

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
It seems the glass is soft as butter.
I wonder how well this would cover the 'useful' screen area?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Genuin...gAAOSw5dNWs0lS

EDIT : Decided to sacrifice 3GBP (currently about 0.01Euro) to find out. Will report back!

Last edited by epninety; 2016-07-01 at 22:14.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
I guess you'll be better off with this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/atFoliX-Gla...+displayschutz

Search for "Jolla C Displayschutz" on your local Amazon.

Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
my only crime is i dont like andr*oid and i am a linux fan so the only option for me is to stay positive. i have been waiting for a year so i can wait for a month or 2. nokia n900 will keep me alive.
I am also into Linux. Still using my N9 and have a dislike for anything from Google. So I am trying to remain positive and waiting to see what comes out from Intex, Turing, and others.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
I am also into Linux. Still using my N9 and have a dislike for anything from Google. So I am trying to remain positive and waiting to see what comes out from Intex, Turing, and others.
You know that Android is using Linux and there are 100% opensource distros based on android.
While Jolla is more similar to GNU/Linux we know on desktop. It's still utilze a lot of parts of android you are running from, software from android. at least J1 was less flashable than most androids. And code is not 100% open.
I understand why one can like Jolla, but saying that you like it just coz it's not android makes no sense.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
For those who used sailfish, is there an easy way to disable internet access for specific android apps or deny them some privileges? Firewall or something.

PS I know that alien dalvik there is 4.4, not 6.0, where android itself has priv. switches.

The Following User Says Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
You know that Android is using Linux and there are 100% opensource distros based on android.
While Jolla is more similar to GNU/Linux we know on desktop. It's still utilze a lot of parts of android you are running from, software from android. at least J1 was less flashable than most androids. And code is not 100% open.
I understand why one can like Jolla, but saying that you like it just coz it's not android makes no sense.
In what way?

Since their inception Google has been tracking everything and its included in Android.

The Following User Says Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
In what way?

Since their inception Google has been tracking everything and its included in Android.
And parts of this android and most SW on sailfish is android, so what is your point?
Moreover you do not know what is the closed part of Jolla and what would be used in "partner" parts. So how is it different? Just coz you have personal feeling and sympathy is not enuf — it's business after all

Last edited by ZogG; 2016-07-02 at 13:59. Reason: not sf but sw

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
its gud to see others waiting too, stay positive man.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
It's still utilze a lot of parts of android you are running from, software from android.
I'm pretty sure this is only true for devices on which Sailfish needs libhybris to work.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I'm pretty sure this is only true for devices on which Sailfish needs libhybris to work.
Apart that most SW used by users on Jolla are android apps, jolla itself has android parts and blobs and uses libhybris — https://together.jolla.com/question/...ndroid-kernel/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os