Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Italy
MADD I installed both Windows and Ubuntu, follow this guide, I almost understood something, but unfortunately Google Translation Translate do not understand certain passages.
anyone able to tell me step by step procedure? step1 step2 and so 'by

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
You can't build debs with MADDE if you're talking about theme making with it and that free template file. You need to install also maemo sdk (scratchbox) and compile a deb with that or use maemo extras autobuilder. MADDE can only create a deb source files required for autobuilder.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
You can't build debs with MADDE if you're talking about theme making with it and that free template file. You need to install also maemo sdk (scratchbox) and compile a deb with that or use maemo extras autobuilder. MADDE can only create a deb source files required for autobuilder.
What feature should be added in MADDE that theme making wouldn't need maemo sdk anymore?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by rontti View Post
What feature should be added in MADDE that theme making wouldn't need maemo sdk anymore?
Imagemagick and hildon-theme-tools built natively, I think. Another problem is the extensive usage of autoconf and automake.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

where can i get imagemagik? i have set up the sdk and i need that for creating themes but i can't find it anyware...

Hi I created a theme and uploaded the .changes, .dsc. tar.gz file and the autobuilder made me a_all.deb file. The problem is that the file iss 5kb and i believe that a theme should be at least 2mb or somethings. When i install the _all.deb nothing actually happens i just have a useless application, not theme no nothing,
please help

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Berluys View Post
Hi I created a theme and uploaded the .changes, .dsc. tar.gz file and the autobuilder made me a_all.deb file. The problem is that the file iss 5kb and i believe that a theme should be at least 2mb or somethings. When i install the _all.deb nothing actually happens i just have a useless application, not theme no nothing,
please help
Revealing the name of the package would help a lot... one could then grab the source and look what you have done (wrong).

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE