Notices

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
andrewfblack, I find myself "Thanks!"-ing many of your posts, but I don't feel that's always enough. Thank you for your continued work on themes and everything else you do for the Maemo community. Our devices and community are better due to your efforts.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Reading conversations like this makes me want to close extras-devel to everyone except the actual developers who post there. The warnings on it are big and loud: this software is unfinished and may cause harm. You know that when you install it you're allowing your device to be a guinea pig for stuff that is untested.

Yet still we have people clamouring to complain because something from there was exactly what the warnings said. It did what it said on the tin - and bricked the device.

How the developers have stayed cool in the face of this is beyond me. Andrew, you deserve a medal. I can only guess how it must feel to have Nokia change something which turns minor bugs in you code into major ones - and then to have handful of ingrates turn up and blame you.. as if you for forcibly installed untested stuff on their devices without telling them it might do harm.

Grrrr

(BTW, I'm still photographing bears!)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
It seems most of the newer themes are now optified to /home/opt/theme
I was wondering, could this theme be optified also? (symlinked?)

andrewfblack
i've updated - thanks, but now in your theme the highlight has gone(in all applications like clock etc.) ruther confusing for me.possible to fix it?

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
How the developers have stayed cool in the face of this is beyond me. Andrew, you deserve a medal.
I will take the time to post to simply say this : I admire your patience Andrew.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I have to totally agree to this. People seem to think that enabling testing and devel is that "ZOMG MORE APPS" -magic button. And everyone outside maemo.org is encouraging to enable them. And there are download sites that steal random .deb:s of testing releases and encourage people to install them just like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Theme should be optifed in this release, if not let me know. RIght now if your highlight bug is there I suggest you uninstall devel version and install testing version. We are working on a new way for doing themes that many of us have never done. With new things comes new bugs. Highlight bug is one that I know the fix for and will be coming soon. I have to package theme up again with highlight bug fixed and then upload. Then push to testing, should be there by Sunday. I really want to thank everyone for using my themes and thank everyone who given encouraging comments. I've said many times the only payment I get is your thanks.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post: