Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
I finally found some time to install the Beta2 SDK and to create a newer version of Conboy for Fremantle.

The current version is 0.5.2 and the only real new thing is that it should now automatically rotate between landscape and portrait mode. The UI should automatically adapt - e.g., remove toolbar in note window, change columns in search window, show different buttons in app menu, etc...

Could someone please test this on a real device?! I can´t test this using the SDK. Also it would be great to get some feedback how the window handling is. This could maybe be problematic because every note you open is a new window. It highly depends on the task switcher of the new devices.

A list of supported features (that all should work) is here.

Thanks!
Conny

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Hmm. At least for me automatically rotating between landscape and portrait mode in Conboy 0.5.2 does not work on (non-recent) Fremantle hardware (while rotating in general works for the default Nokia stuff supporting it).
But getting a second comment would be nice (/me looks at Quim).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Thanks Andre for testing. Hopefully Quim can try it too. I´m using
Code:
hildon_gtk_window_set_portrait_flags(GTK_WINDOW(win), HILDON_PORTRAIT_MODE_SUPPORT);
in all windows that I´m opening. I thought that should be enough :/

Do you know an open source app that is correctly auto-rotating? Would be interesting to look at the source

EDIT: What happens if you start Conboy once the device is already rotated?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Hmm, I assume you used the (very short) explanation in http://wiki.maemo.org/Using_Fremantl...rtrait_Capable , right?

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Hmm, I assume you used the (very short) explanation in http://wiki.maemo.org/Using_Fremantl...rtrait_Capable , right?
Actually I wrote this article The information is based on a rather long discussion on the mailing list which started here here. Also there is some API doc here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
I just asked on the devel mailing list. Maybe someone there knows why it´s not working.

Andre, Quim, or someone with a real device, could you please test whether or not Conboy starts in portrait mode if you start it with the device already in portrait mode?

There is some talk on the mailing list which suggest that this should work.

Thanks!
Conny

Right now I have some problems with screen blankening here that make testing hard, hence I'm not 100% sure with my comments:
As far as I understand portrait mode is not a device-wide setting but a per-application setting. Starting a Nokia app that supports portrait mode when having a device in portrait mode makes Nokia apps switch to portrait mode. This is currently not the case for Conboy.

After a rather long discussion on the mailing list I've uploaded a new version (0.5.3) to extras-devel. Could you please be so nice and test it again. I'm quite sure that it works now

Thanks again!
Conny

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Installed 0.5.3. And automatic portrait vs landscape switching works. This is cool. Congrats!

Tags
application, conboy, fremantle, fremantle star, maemo 5, note, text, tomboy