Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gamof View Post
Hey guys, I am a complete noob with terminal. Could somebody please explain how I put the perl command into terminal? do the "\" signify presses of the enter key? do I separate lines with the enter key? I am not sure of the keystrokes that are needed to input this correctly and to execute it... :/ any help would be appreciated.
The \ mean that it should all be in one row. Problem is, that the row is so long, it will wrap anyway.

You can copy all into one row and submit it in xterm. Caution, this is one row, unfortunately the forum wraps it

Code:

perl -pi -e "s/Nokia Sans/Droid Sans/g" /usr/share/themes/alpha/gtk-2.0/gtkrc /usr/share/themes/alpha/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.input_method /usr/share/themes/alpha/matchbo*/theme.xml
Best regards,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by peio View Post

Thanks
Peio, would you mind telling me the name / source of your Background Image?

Thanks,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2010 @ belgium
i'm creating new fonts with matching size in config file.

if it's nice i will post it here.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/29/the-croiman-psycho-iphone-makes-other-modders-weep-with-joy-env/

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Bumping up this post.

Need to figure out how I can use my own font (other than droid). e.g. Helvetica. Anyone have reliable/tested instructions?

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norfolk, UK
i want to use my own fonts too, i want fixedsys for conversations to look like classic mirc :P

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Greece
I found some really good fonts that I'd like to use in my N900. How can I do that? I don't really want the droid fonts.

Originally Posted by peio View Post
It worked for me, in the Marina theme with the following command (in root):

Code:
perl -pi -e "s/Nokia Sans/Droid Sans/g" \
   /usr/share/themes/marina/gtk-2.0/gtkrc \
   /usr/share/themes/marina/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.input_method \
   /usr/share/themes/marina/matchbo*/theme.xml

Thanks
Please help...i got the message Permission Denied on the last step of your instruction. What should I do? Thank you.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by newt View Post
Please help...i got the message Permission Denied on the last step of your instruction. What should I do? Thank you.
I guess you have to install rootsh in order to able to use the command , first u have to use sudo gainroot then the command(s)

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72325

i hope this will help you guys.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
install theme customizer

Tags
change, change font, droid, droid font, font, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, set font, system-wide