Notices

Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
New release 0.1.6 on extras-devel

Just two small changes:
  • application now will cache files to the disk - it should speed up things a little
  • icon on the Bookmarks window - you won't see icons for your existing bookmarks until you visit them again

p.s. not all web sites will provide an icon.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Mexico
Great to see this app updated.

Version 0.1.6 doesn't open

Originally Posted by Art.M View Post
Great to see this app updated.

Version 0.1.6 doesn't open
Very strange... anybody else experiencing problems with this release? It works just fine for me....

couple things that you can try:

1. run macuco from the x-terminal so we can see any error messages.
Code:
/opt/crochik/macuco2
2. reset the configuration. The cookies and your bookmarks will be removed - if it works after that you can send them to me and I can try to find out the problem and fix.

on the x-terminal, run:
Code:
mv /home/user/.config/Macuco /home/user/MyDocs
Please keep me posted.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Latest version segfaults after I try to browse to gmail using the provided bookmarks. No console output available before the output "Segmentation fault". Rebooting n900 to see if it has any effect.

Edit: Reboot has no effect. macuco2 still segfaults when rendering gmail

Last edited by uvatbc; 2010-12-02 at 16:30.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Latest version segfaults after I try to browse to gmail using the provided bookmarks. No console output available before the output "Segmentation fault". Rebooting n900 to see if it has any effect.

Edit: Reboot has no effect. macuco2 still segfaults when rendering gmail
I will have to double check the code... I installed on my phone using the version on the repository and works w/o any problems...

Have you tried renaming the configuration folder to see if has anything to do with the configuration files?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Found the bug! It has to do with the screen orientation. If you settings say anything other than auto it will crash.

I will publish a new version in few minutes

Thanks for reporting it.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

New Release 0.1.7 is out

It fixes the segfault on startup of the previous version.

Please make sure to drop me a note if it fixes the problem or not.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
It does not segfault on startup anymore. It does segfault eventually.
I am able to login to gmail, then macuco shows the inbox for about 5-8 seconds before it segaults. I did not click anywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
It does not segfault on startup anymore. It does segfault eventually.
I am able to login to gmail, then macuco shows the inbox for about 5-8 seconds before it segaults. I did not click anywhere.
Did it happen more than once? This one seems more like a "deeper" problem that I don't think I could have caused....

Please play a little bit more and let me know what you find....

Thanks

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Just queued version 0.1.8

One more.... hopefully the last one to fix bugs... Announcing new features are so much more fun!

For anybody that cares about what is under the hood: I had enabled the Persistent Storage on WebKit (a HTML5 feature) in hopes that some web sites could make good use of it. It seems that Gmail tries to but that it ends up generating a segfault. I am going to create a little test application to make sure but likely this is a WebKit bug.

EDIT: By the way thanks art.m and uvatbc for finding the bug and sticking around to test it

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: