Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have had for some months now occasional freeze down with my lock screen. Sometimes when I have tried to open my phone I have been able to press just one number on lock screen and then it freeze. No respond on any numbers on the screen or physical buttons. Well it happened again just a half an hour ago. Then I kept the power button down for a long time and the screen went black but suddenly there appeared a very narrow bar in the bottom of the screen with three wide hildon type buttons. They were just small letter high grey buttons. On first of them there was letters pqr, on the second possibly zv and could not see the last one. It lasted only like three seconds and then my phone was shot. When I booted it I had lost cellular capabilities but now after reflash I have them again.

Any idea what it could have been? Some developer stuff or something else? The bar was that narrow that I think it is ment to be used with stylus. Just wish I would have had my stylus at hand and understood to tap a button to see what happens. Or maybe this is something not that cool. It was new to me though.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Any way you can provide an image of it?

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
No. But I thought about it and it may be that it was just some form of a glimpse of bad rendered keyboard, three keyboard keys narrowed to be small letter hight and stretched to be as wide as the whole screen on a landscape mode. The letters pqr could be from a keyboard layout. But it was like three 4mm height grey buttons stretched to fill the whole screen length but the letters were not strecthed but rendered as normal. But then there were just these couple of letters in these other buttons. Weird.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: