Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
You calling me names mate? Silly?

If you didn't get my point.
I seem to recall the N900 selling for over 700€ when it was released...
If you build one cheaper, maybe you can sell some.

Last edited by merpl; 2018-12-07 at 10:05.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to merpl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
The retail price will be around €600. That's what they are aiming for.
Only 50€ more than what a N900 would go for in 2009.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Today...
iPhone Max 64GB 1150 EURO
chenPhone Deluxe XGB 600 EURO

Still iphone is the better choice today since you know exactly what you get and have to pay.

Ok. Will it come in a Dave999-edition. Extremely top notch specs! 999 Euro?

What’s the name of this eventually phone?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-12-07 at 17:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Kermit?
(not the frog, according the old faithfull terminal software)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
You calling me names mate? Silly?

If you didn't get my point - fine but silly? Do you think I don't understand why the price is that big? Logical arguments about the price tag don't change anything if you take a broader perspective. Now days the prices are insane and people still tend to pay them for basically toys.
Haha, you think that what I said in context is calling you names ... then I don't know what to tell you.

I will say that I can agree that phones in general are too expensive these days. I don't feel the need to buy these over 1k phones. Also In the past I've bought the old newton 1000s because they fit my need. But devices have always been expensive, especially when you buy them unsubsidized. I bought my phone new full price. Saved up for it ... pretty simple.

Your argument, has some merits ... but falls apart if you apply it to say anything else. Example those 4k atmos smart tv are too expensive ... so you can buy the cheap Chinese set from an unknown brand

Cheers

x

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Seems like ordering the ReadyF(x) newsletter succeeded, I got mail from them.

Unfortunately there is no real news in the newsletter.

"We’ll be launching early next year. Until then, we’d like to share our story and our phone’s story...
...Tune in to our next newsletter to find out more! We’ll talk about specs of the new product as well as share our passion for phones with keyboards, to explain how it inspired our design choices."

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by feedme View Post
Kermit?
(not the frog, according the old faithfull terminal software)
Is that a question, some kind of statement or just some random ranting?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Is that a question, some kind of statement or just some random ranting?
I am fine with all three. As long as it’s not random trolling.

Phones: Motorola Moto G 2nd gen | Nokia N900
Tablet: Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830
SBC: Raspberry Pi 2

Proud supporter of open source software

The Following User Says Thank You to Ariadeno For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Haha, you think that what I said in context is calling you names ... then I don't know what to tell you.

I will say that I can agree that phones in general are too expensive these days. I don't feel the need to buy these over 1k phones. Also In the past I've bought the old newton 1000s because they fit my need. But devices have always been expensive, especially when you buy them unsubsidized. I bought my phone new full price. Saved up for it ... pretty simple.

Your argument, has some merits ... but falls apart if you apply it to say anything else. Example those 4k atmos smart tv are too expensive ... so you can buy the cheap Chinese set from an unknown brand

Cheers

x
Maybe my language barrier is to big to sometimes understand everything as clearly as intended by a native speaker. Working on it.

I also stand in a position that my arguments stand What for do you need 4k? To consume shitty entertainment? Soon there will be 8k to consume it even better. The price tag will be even bigger and people will be praising that this is it, and they have to have it, and obviously pay for it. It's 8k men!!! It has to cost!

Always the new and shiny. And always the need to have it. But people don't think why on earth do they need it? To evolve into a better person? To streamline work so they can do it faster and than evolve into a better person? Nope. To watch another **** on Netflix or play games for hours - you name it. Education, tooling for work so you can work less and... ahhh. What am I writing about. So unpopular. You are right. time to save money and buy a toy. This will push me further...

No hard feelings - just bitching around about today's world.

Cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
The commercial success of this phone all comes down to one thing: it has to reach people who are not specifically waiting for a HWKB phone since years like us. In other words, the company producing this phone cannot afford to question the relevance of all marketing arguments based on "new and shiny". It may be silly, but it would be risky to fight two battles at the same time (keyboard and marketing blabbering). This phone will probably sell better if it is high end and expensive, than average and inexpensive.

Later on, if this works, maybe we can hope for a smaller form factor, lower specs, and a lower price tag. Unfortunately, I doubt this could be the first step. The money invested in designing a HWKB phone in 2018 is certainly huge, and the risk even bigger, so securing many orders is probably the best bet for now.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit