Active Topics

I would make the london meet definitely :-)

My Blog

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Hi everyone, i know Texrat and co are doing their cool Community Outreach scheme , and this is on a similar type line, but was wondering if anyone fancies an N900 meet-up around the south coast area?

I'm in Worthing but happy to travel to Brighton/crawley/london/guildford/portsmouth way.... I'm sure in that catchment area we should have quite a few people?

Was thinking a decent pub and some grub on a weekend?

I'm very interested to see how others use the device, and what people have done to customise etc, also interested in seeing apps i've not got round to testing/looking at yet

I'm very interested in learning how to code, so would love to quiz some coders if there are any about? (Ani lives in London if i remember correctly?)

Anyway, just posting to see how much interest there could be?
This is a good idea, our Nokia rep is trying to organise a get together of all the CPW Managers around the Dorset area for a N900 briefing training session, it would be awesome to combine the two events and have users, sellers and a Nokia rep all in the same place to exchange ideas and comments/suggestions.

But alas that would be a tall order to organise that!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Im in with that one Starman. Just round the corner. Defo up for a meet in the south west. Im free from end of Feb really.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
how does 2 meets sound? 1 in poole or bristol area and 1 london one? ani can skype in from canada, hehe.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Bristol or Poole would be better for me. Though I'm still holding out for a Land's End meeting. Bristol is only about 3 hours away

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Central London is easy for me, Thames corridor next best.

Are we really planning a full day session, or just something in the evening? If we are just looking for something in the evening, are we thinking of gathering at a pub or in some larger space that might have projectors with composite video inputs?

Not quite related to the big meetup you're planning but I'm in London from tomorrow (tuesday 20100202) to sunday (short brain-air holiday). Ping me if you'd like a mini-meetup, thursday evening is the Rammstein concert so not available then but in general I have no plans for evenings yet.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
How about if we start suggesting some dates and venues? I'd say sometime mid-Feb would be nice, so anidel wouldn't have to Skype in.

Btw, anyone coming to PUSHN900 event this Thursday?

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Indeed I'll either leave on the 15th or the 22nd .. so this week or next week works best for me (weekdays).
Choose your day.. I live in Twickenham if that matters...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I seem I wasn't invited at the Push N900 event.. shame :/

Tags
coast, meetup, n900, south