Hi, i have been trying to watch some arabic videos an a website called sonara.net, before all i got in the video box was a grey box with a media picture in the middle, when i click it it transfers me to the media player but says it cannot play the file.
Now after todays update the video area is blank white and when i click on the box the same things happens. is there any way i can watch these videos other than wait for flash 10.1?

pics added

kind regards
Attached Images

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
today i have got this new bug ,i dont know why but i cant play videos from a particular site,often we use here in china ( youku.com )
even though i have got this new version of maemo ,pr 1.3 ,tweak flash plugins r fine ..other sites running quite well ..but just for youku.com (it is like youtube here in china ) cant play videos .
desperately needed help ..please

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Download the "Extra Decoders Support" and "Tweak Flash Plug-In" through the Application Manager, just a thought. Scratch Tweak flash (saw you have that already. Remember you have to enter the flash version in Tweak Flash Plug-in for it to work !

Last edited by louiegoat; 2011-04-26 at 20:20. Reason: Add last sentence

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
Download the "Extra Decoders Support" and "Tweak Flash Plug-In" through the Application Manager, just a thought. Scratch Tweak flash (saw you have that already. Remember you have to enter the flash version in Tweak Flash Plug-in for it to work !
i think it is 10.1 flash,codecs done too..i dont know what am missing here because two days ago it was fricking fine with any site,except last day though
i also want to say ,it is only (youku.com)where i am unable to play videos,otherwise rest of all is great with n900..
may be i have done something wrong with settings?<<<highly possible
or site is blocked for n900? <<<<highly impossible though

help please

Last edited by prankster; 2011-04-27 at 18:03.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
another thing to try is changing your user agent to something like "Desktop Firefox for Ubuntu"

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

do you have any idea why is that so ? i believe this is a good handset but why there are bugs running straight up ?
i am using simply power kernel ,dont know much about ubuntu though installed debian,uninstalled it later..i am kinda new to n900..it has been a month now that i bought it ..
thanks anyways..anything that might help in kernel stuff for this particular site videos? cuz rest is running nice

Last edited by prankster; 2011-05-02 at 18:23.

If the site requires flash10, it wont work.

Some sites that tell you to upgrade to flash10 work anyway after Tweak Flash, but not all.

just a week ago,it was great ..i dont know what happened and videos are unable to play ..
strange thing is this that one video on this site ( youku.com ) is being played lol (WTF)
any idea?

i wanna know if there is any user residing in china,cuz only then he probably will know the site i am mentioning again and again ( youku.com ) it is like youtube here in china and i am unable to play any videos on it ,though just two weeks ago it was f******* fine ,
please help or i would say it is so embarrassing to have an issue like this on THE N900 ..
i have no idea most of other sites working but only this site videos ,cant play any more ,even i have tweaked to froyo 10.1,linux 10.0.4,linux 10.1 etc and so on ,no support nothing ))))) ...help plz ))))))))))))
no help ?

Last edited by prankster; 2011-05-09 at 18:03.

I am facing exactly the same problem as you, youku play videos a few mojths ago, but now it stops playing videos!

I have tried iphone, to my surprise, it play videos on iphpne safari!

So o think n900 cannot play html5?