Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Oh, by the way, for those who are interested; I haven't yet tried to do any in-depth analysis of the Polarcell battery, but I can state that it is holding a charge just as well as my authentic genuine Nokia BL5J. I have not been putting a lot of stress on either of my N900s lately, so I can't say how quickly either battery drains under significant load, but they can both hold a charge a whole lot longer than the cheap-o fake "genuine Nokia" battery I was using before. I'm quite happy with the purchase.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah! Ok, that makes more sense to me. I need to check CSSU then, and see if they've modified the gstreamer package at all, as the L-R separation feature depends entirely on the "audiopanorama" plugin. (Although I'm not sure why they would have removed it.)

BTW, can I ask, have you made any changes yourself to gstreamer on your machine?
I did download mplayer to use with kmplayer, I think ffmpeg came automatically..not sure.
Not sure which gstreamer version I should have, which package related to it is it best to look at?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
Not sure which gstreamer version I should have, which package related to it is it best to look at?
Aha, this may be the problem! I have set the Orecchiette package controls to be dependent on the GStreamer "base" plugins set, but it looks like audiopanorama is in the "good" plugins set. Let me see if I can change that, and have the installer find the correct package automagically...

EDIT: Ok, I have pushed up a new version of Orecchiette, which should (fingers crossed) have added the correct magic into the control file to make it dependent on the GStreamer "good" plugins. It should eventually make its way to the extras-testing repository. I haven't yet tested to see if HAM does indeed correctly pull down the right package (I'll try to do that later today), so it may or may not work...

EDIT 2: Ok, I think HAM has no problems with the dependencies of version 0.3.8, so hopefully it will pull down the correct plugins now. But please tell me whether it works or not for you!

Last edited by Copernicus; 2016-03-13 at 04:50.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
1, outdated:

update: it didnt work on my cssu stable, same error
however, it does work on cssu testing with similar system settings!
the same error gives up when recording any video options on stable.
on testing it works.

any ideas? should i look at some specific packages?
no other packages were installed during updating to 0.3.8)

2, edit:

succes, it does work! After manually installing the good-extra plugins.
the gstreamer good plugins were already on both n900s (1 testing/ 1 stable)

thanks so much.

Last edited by Dongle Fongle; 2016-03-13 at 22:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
succes, it does work! After manually installing the good-extra plugins.
Drat, I've still got the wrong package? Thanks! I'll see if I can update Orecchiette one more time, and get it right this time.

EDIT: And, BTW, if someone could tell me the easiest way to figure out exactly which plugins are in the "good" package and which ones are in the "good-extra" package, I'd love to know.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2016-03-13 at 23:18.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Copernicus, i still hope you manage a solution for an applet or some kind of dbus service to automatically start orecchiette's phone calls recording.
Have you had any idea about this?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Copernicus, i still hope you manage a solution for an applet or some kind of dbus service to automatically start orecchiette's phone calls recording.
Have you had any idea about this?
Ah, I've kinda been away from app development for a little while, been kinda depressed lately. Let me take another shot at it now, I seem to be getting my head back together lately...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
And, BTW, if someone could tell me the easiest way to figure out exactly which plugins are in the "good" package and which ones are in the "good-extra" package, I'd love to know.
Ah, I see
Code:
apt-cache show gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
gives nothing useful. So, good question!!

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Poland
Hey,
Have you been thinking about giving an option to record all phone calls or some type of them (outside the phone book, specified by name or some kind of this) ?
This will be great. I'm using Orecchiette to record phone spam and most of the time it catches normal phone calls which leads to unnecessarily created files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ynzinier For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ynzinier View Post
Hey,
Have you been thinking about giving an option to record all phone calls or some type of them (outside the phone book, specified by name or some kind of this) ?
I have to admit, I've not been using my N900 for phone calls for quite a while now. But it might not be too hard to add an option like this...

Let me take a look. No promises though, as I've not had a lot of time for coding lately...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording