Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
LOL, am I the only one seeing the irony?
BankID is tha reason also a bitcoin client.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
But @pichlo has a valid point there; If Android sucks so much (and it does) it is largely because of Android applications.
So you want to run Android applications on SFOS. Oh yeah!

The banking application case is a tough one, as you need either persuade the banks to open up the interfaces[*] or reverse-engineer them. And banks are notoriously thick-headed institutions pretty much governed by the beancounter-type-subspecies of human race.

Bitcoin is a different beast, the algorithms are public and implementations are open source. Nothing prevents you from building your own for SFOS.

[*] Actually opening up the interfaces is not hopeless as there is an EU initiative ongoing that will mandate that banks have to open the interfaces for external parties... Let's see what comes from that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
But @pichlo has a valid point there; If Android sucks so much (and it does) it is largely because of Android applications.
So you want to run Android applications on SFOS. Oh yeah!

The banking application case is a tough one, as you need either persuade the banks to open up the interfaces[*] or reverse-engineer them. And banks are notoriously thick-headed institutions pretty much governed by the beancounter-type-subspecies of human race.

Bitcoin is a different beast, the algorithms are public and implementations are open source. Nothing prevents you from building your own for SFOS.

[*] Actually opening up the interfaces is not hopeless as there is an EU initiative ongoing that will mandate that banks have to open the interfaces for external parties... Let's see what comes from that.
Ofcourse there is nothing prevent people from make a bitcoin app.

But I personally have no time. I have to have a life outside 100% work except play with mobile.

Facts stand if jolla want to move forward they have to get SFOS on more mobiles or else the can shutdown the company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Lol, that didn't take long! Camera is working for me.
Seems I have some wirdness with gstreamer when run jolla-camera from terminal I get:

Code:
[D] QGstreamerVideoWindow::QGstreamerVideoWindow:72 - No m_videoSink available!
[W] unknown:201 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/TouchInteractionHint.qml:201:17: QML PauseAnimation: Cannot set a duration of < 0
[W] CameraBinSession::processBusMessage:1051 - CameraBin error: "Could not initialize supporting library."
[W] unknown:17 - file:///usr/share/jolla-camera/pages/capture/CaptureOverlay.qml:17:1: QML CaptureOverlay: Binding loop detected for property "_startTime"
I use devel repo so could e my own fault

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I use devel repo so could e my own fault
May I suggest that you try not using it and then see if that fixes your problems?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
I heard some insider information (still unconfirmed) that Alien Dalvik and other Commercial parts will be provided as paid apps in Jolla Store, after the store support paid apps.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by explit View Post
I heard some insider information (still unconfirmed) that Alien Dalvik and other Commercial parts will be provided as paid apps in Jolla Store, after the store support paid apps.
That is progress!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Is that just for the Fairphone 2, or will they provide AD for other polished ports too?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Is that just for the Fairphone 2, or will they provide AD for other polished ports too?
I don't know the details, but i will inform you guys, as soon, as i get some input

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Great news! This would be a major step forward for the whole Sailfish ecosystem...

BUT, paid apps support was one of the most wanted features from the beginning and first held out in prospect by Jolla for 2nd half of 2014. So, any indication WHEN paid apps support will be available?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LameDuck For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, fair phone, fairphone2