Poll: Jolla or Tizen?
Poll Options
Jolla or Tizen?

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Screw Tizen, Intel and Samsung, HTML and javascript. Lets hope the Jolla guys manage do something with this

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
From what we've seen so far, it's hard to say.
This. We and others know soo little about them, but especially about Jolla's OS, that i question if this poll even makes sense. Seriously. It's in the same league like those kinda idiotic speculations, whines, and pseudo-wishlists in the Jolla thread.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-07-09 at 17:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Question is quite stupid - it's like "Android VS Google". You're comparing grapples and oranges here - Tizen is misty, unknown operating system, and Jolla is company.

More proper question would be "Tizen vs Mer" - but of course, results would be quite predictable
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
With the same HTML5-dreck. Sorry, I can't describe it nicer than that. HTML is for text documents. Whoever thought it would be "good enough for apps" should have his/her's voting rights revoked.
But look at webos: it's main language is html/css/js, but extended. Palm's written a js framework. But you still can use Qt, C++ and so on.

But if there's no js framework, no qt, then the whole platform is a shame

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Question is quite stupid - it's like "Android VS Google". You're comparing grapples and oranges here - Tizen is misty, unknown operating system, and Jolla is company.

More proper question would be "Tizen vs Mer" - but of course, results would be quite predictable
I doubt they will call it mer at release. So sure it might be slightly better but same kind of inconsistency in the end.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
This. We and others know soo little about them, but especially about Jolla's OS, that i question if this poll even makes sense. Seriously. It's in the same league like those kinda idiotic speculations, whines, and pseudo-wishlists in the Jolla thread.
So why do you think people using polls? They are always speculation to see something. It's never facts.. It's up to anyone to read what they want of it. Let's say we have the same poll again in 4 month and tizen gets more than 50 percent, i say that would give an indication the wind has changed and Jolla have not keep this interest and momentum they have now.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-09 at 17:52.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
..//..
maybe EFL (who else still uses that?),....
Doesn't Enlightenment have elev8 which is similar to QtQuick?

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
With the same HTML5-dreck. Sorry, I can't describe it nicer than that. HTML is for text documents. Whoever thought it would be "good enough for apps" should have his/her's voting rights revoked.
I'm not keen on HTML/CSS but I'd be really happy to be able to use QooxDoo to write apps.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Doesn't Enlightenment have elev8 which is similar to QtQuick?
Not really... First line slide 7.however things could change

https://www.tizen.org/sites/default/...012_raster.pdf

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-09 at 18:45.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
lol, what a question, html5 or native code...no normal person would choose anything over native code when there is choice