Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
So, i suppose a full reflash is my next option, how, and where do i read about this?
B!
Unless you had previously downloaded software you will be very limited in available versions now since Microsoft no longer support N9. There are a number of software to be found in this thread:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96401

This can give you an idea of what is involved:http://n9.dy.fi/2014/05/comprehensiv...ware-flashing/

Main trouble is that on your "swapped motherboard" device it is anyone's guess what software version has been installed previously.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
And there is no way to "check" what version would be the right one?

Did notice something slightly weird. After every reset, developer-mode is enabled by default. I cant seam to find a package installed that gives me a clue as to what version.
B!

Last edited by Mr B; 2016-06-27 at 23:26.

And there is no way to "check" what version would be the right one?
B!
Try finding Nokia Software Recovery Tool 6.0.5 although mine may only be working as installed it a while back, got a prompt to use in "Offline mode" and it recognised N9 as Product code 059J1W1. My PC (Win8) has all Nokia drivers already installed so may be problems with new installs.

Another little known fact if you can find Nokia PC Suite v7.1.30.9 this will read "Contacts" & "Messages" upon N9, but you must ignore all prompts to update application.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2016-06-28 at 11:50.

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Try finding Nokia Software Recovery Tool 6.0.5 although mine may only be working as installed it a while back, got a prompt to use in "Offline mode" and it recognised N9 as Product code 059J1W1.
Cant seam to find it. I've only spent 40-45 minutes on it so far, i'll get in to it a bit more later. But that might be the ticket. It does say 059L7N6 on the sim card holder, but i cant seam to find anything on the box it came in that corresponds, so it's hard to tell if they replaced the whole phone, and that is the right product code, or if it is my old sim card holder...

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Another little known fact if you can find Nokia PC Suite v7.1.30.9 this will read "Contacts" & "Messages" upon N9, but you must ignore all prompts to update application.
That was cool, and helped me out with something i've been fuzzing over for ages. It's a LOT easier to go through and remove messages there, then on the phone. Just wish it would deal with "conversations" and not just sent or received, time, who, and so on.
Guess one cant get everything. Thanks.
All i had to do was downgrade from v7.1.180 something, which i suppose is the latest, and i was using to do the same tasks on my 5800 Music eXpress. Yes, i still have, and use one of those.
Sorry

*ashamed*

;- )

[QUOTE=Mr B;1508560]Cant seam to find it. I've only spent 40-45 minutes on it so far, i'll get in to it a bit more later. But that might be the ticket./QUOTE]

Sent you an amended download link via PM

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2016-06-28 at 19:07.

Managed to get things sorted enough to actually run the right software, and get the info-blob.

Namn: Nokia NoRM6
Typ: RM-696
IMEI: It's there.
Programversion 40.2012.21.3.339.2

So that means i got a RM-696, and should / could use the corresponding firmware. Now i need to figure out how, and where. And, i'm not going to flash anything until Sunday, i need a working phone over the weekend. If anything goes west, and i got a brick when i'm done... Well, at least it's not happening this weekend.
B!

Man, i really need to get on this. I have all sorts of weird issues as of late, and i suspect it's actually the battery...
But while i'm normally not technically challenged, i just cant seam to wrap my head around all the bits to try and flash my phone.
*sigh*

New try tomorrow.
B!

For 059L7N7 you would need to find A0E9827F_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_LEGACY_339_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed.bin which elicits no Google result as far as I am aware unfortunately.

You are not the bringer of good news today.

Cant replace it with something of the "collection" here?
In reality the "Swedish" package had nothing special going on, but the preloaded GPS maps, and since it can still be updated of the servers... Well, that is if i can load my backup, so the GPS service is activated with my "nokia account", the maps would be easy to load, anyway.
B!

Can't I replace it with something of the "collection" here?
How about 059L5D4_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.480.04.1_PR_LEGACY_480_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed.bin which worked for user in similar predicament here (059L5D4: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Switzerland CH Black 64GB V1):http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...24&postcount=7