Notices

wishing my n900 fairy grandmother is browsing through the pages, here is a list of apps i would want for the n900.

1. Baby Book app - where any parent can list memorable stories anecdotes, baby pics, milestones including funny ones like the first time she got lost or pooped in public or threw up on someone else.

2. Better Calendar Desktop Widget - something more customizeable

3. Desktop Dialing Pad - no shortcut, just directly dialing on the desktop
*similar*
Usual Contacts App - a desktop widget that will take you to the top 10 most dialled (not most recent dialled) contacts.

4. Flashlight modification - opening lens and a double click from power button automatically opens flashlight

5. Rainlendar for N900

6. Get Out App - an app to set a timer for your phone to ring and engage in a phantom conversation to get out of dates, meetings, reunions

7. Stumble Upon app - not in conjunction with FF. just an app on its own that will just stgumble unto a new website. with appropriate settings.

hey ive seen number 3
its called k9 call

^just tagged you as fairy godfather. thanks

**just realized i typed grandmother in my post... fml. =p

The Following User Says Thank You to eileen0812 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I don't think anything can get more customizable than QueenBeecon Widgets.. you should try that. So #2 is solved

And have seen the #3 here somewhere..

There is a flashlight app but i am not sure it does the double click thing.

I saw someone working on a Get Out App but am not sure if they finnished it or if it was just talks.

Edit: Ops.. didn't see "Calendar" in the 2nd request.. But as you can see in a couple of posts down you have Calendar Home Widget.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-07-20 at 12:25.

For 7, doesn't Stumble Upon have bookmarklets you could use? (you can add bookmarklets into the N900's bookmarks).

I believe Rainlendar is Windows only (and probably X86, I haven't used it in ages so I can't remember).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by eileen0812 View Post
2. Better Calendar Desktop Widget - something more customizeable
There is an improved (and much more customizable) calendar widget in extras-devel (works well though... for me) if you haven't tried it out already.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=calendar+home

Hmmm, i'd like to see an equalizer on the default media player, and an app to change it so songs aren't saved by meta tags and by file names instead like easy player does.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bucharest
I'd love to have nr 1

thanks for everybody's 2 cents.
i know about the other desktop calendar widget as a "newbie" im anxious about installing apps from "unchartered territory"

for the flashlight app, i dont know how others do it but i have to click on the status bar to open it, and close the camera. sometimes (like in a movie theater) u just want that flashlight on..now!

--------------

oh, i want apps for kids too. like sometimes, kiddies just want to play with whatever mommys playing/tinkering with. so at least they have options without wrecking the phone. something like a screenlock deac by power/camera button so they can swipe, push and click as much as they want without doing anything to the phone.

the media player is great by it self ( better than others). plays my music really well. but the need of a bit more power (amplification) is there, also the bass area of equilization needs to be looked into ( the sound layering is not that pronounced). probably an equilizer can sort it out.

Tags
i took a wrong, turn somewhere