Hi people,

I'm facing a problem with a connection to a wifi network with a encription method TKIP,, the thing is, apparently he connects to the Wlan, because it gives me a valid IP, but when I open the browser and try to load a page, it does not work :S I don't know what to do, i've tried so many times to solve the problem but with no success.

Can someone help me?

Thx

Have you verified if you have DNS working? Does it make a difference if you try to visit a site using just the IP number?

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Finland
If the network is your own then you could try pinging the device to check if it's really on the network.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Have to tried connecting to a different Wlan to see if it works?

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Do your IM accounts work. On some connections my browser doesn't work but IM does.

Ok, newsflash people, now I cant even connect to it, after I insert the key the Wlan symbol keeps blinking and does not stop :S

I don't understand why I can't connect to this Wlan with my N900, if I'm connected to it with my laptop and talking to you with it...And yes I've tried in other Wlan's and it's not a problem of my N900 hardware :S

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
Please open a terminal and show us the output of the following commands when trying to connect to the wifi / connected to:

(you need to be root to do this / please reboot before you issue these):

ifconfig

route

dmesg | grep wlan

Ok people, I've taken the screenshots, in these screenshots the device was connected to the Wlan but when I try to load a page it doesn't work.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
This looks perfectly okay.
Try to reach the router's webinterface ( http://192.168.1.1 )
I think your DNS resolution is failing and because of that you can't visit websites.