Notices

I can, but I hate forks: every change should be updated twice. and then comes another fork (narrow/wide scrollbars for example), and you get 4 versions to maintain.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
I understand, But, at least for me, it's important to have a software method to multitask (now you can only via home button), so, I think that it's important to have or the minimize/next windows button, or a software shortcut to the task-menu; do you agree with me?

joking with the statusbar.conf, I've managed to have the main-menu, on the statusbar (instead of personal menu);
it's sufficent to write:

[/usr/share/applications/hildon-navigator/applications-menu.desktop]
X-Load=true

instead of the one with personal menu

but have some problem:

1-when you touch the icon, the first application in the 1st voice of the menu, is accidentally clicked (in my case, the mediaplayer)

2-I do not know why, sometimes hildon-desktop crashes if I go from an app, directly to the desktop
(fixed!!! it was the switcher-menu that I was testing in the status bar, that crashes because If I open with the home button, it try to open 2 times the same menu...so crashes)
any suggestion??

Edit: so the problem is only in the accidental clicking (but is very annoyng..)
Attached Images

Last edited by pinguino89; 2009-12-30 at 09:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to pinguino89 For This Useful Post:
I've tried any change possible with statusbar.conf, you can add any .desktop you want there. The best option is personal-menu. I'm guessing your first problem is because the menu is defined as "pressonly", that is, you touch it and it immediately opens up so you can drag your finger to your selection, raising your finger than signals a click. All launchers are like that except one - personal-menu, the recommended choice for Frediablo users
The fix for it is to rearrange the menu so that no application sits under your finger when it is launched.
You can also put the home menu in the status bar:
[/usr/share/applications/hildon-navigator/switcher-menu.desktop]
X-Load=true
but then you can't use the home key, because it will open the menu in the status bar and the one in the left panel together, so they then close each other ))
The next button is the best, I wouldn't have it any other way now. I'm using the "close" pixmap for it:
Attached Images

yeah, I see xD

By the way, Is the "next" button, simply the "minimize" button??

or is another one??

(sorry but didn't managed to test it sorry )

The "next" button is like pressing ALT-TAB in a desktop keyboard. It snaps immediately to the next open window. When there is only one window open it is not shown, and you get blank black square. You can still add a minimize button if you want. You can also set a button "prev" to go to the previous window.
The original matchbox window manager had an option for "menu", clicking that button gives a list of open windows, like the home-key menu. Nokia decided to remove that for an application specific menu, and instead add a left panel with three app launchers, two task switchers and a hardwere button for taskswitching too !

I really want you try this button, but I'm afraid that if you don't how to do it you might damage your system. Unlike the statusbar.conf where there is a fallback file, if there is an error in theme.xml you end up with a reboot loop.

ok understood;
my intention is to find a method to have a softwae button to wake up the switcher-menu without have to conflict with the home key!!!

because now I'm starting to fit in the utilization without the minimize key (wich is the only thing that I miss in this theme) but It's a bit annoyng to use continuosly the home-key also only to swith between 2 apps...

for now there is only advanced-power-monitor that have the option "hardware key" where you simulate a home press ( or a long one) but it's in a bad posizion and have to clic 3 trimes before I can acces to the home menu (click icon, click menu, click botton, then menu pops up)

is there a method to "emulate" the hardware key pressing?

You can issue a "next window" in personal-menu, add this command:
matchbox-remote -next

thx a lot, it works!

noew,curiosity, wghre can i see those commands?
if i want other action ofv matchbox, where an i see what commands are avaiable?

thx

try in xterm:
matchbox-remote -help