A little time ago I proposed sashz from forum.meego.com to publish his app in the Ovi Store. He said he don't know how to do that and allowed me to take care of it (I merged two packages, rewritten tha app to be entirely in Qt, if you want source just say it).

So here it is, the app which simplifies connecting a bluetooth keyboard to N9.

http://store.ovi.com/content/251514

Last edited by elemental; 2012-02-03 at 12:18.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
great! does it work with any bluetooth keyboard?

Originally Posted by derliebewolf View Post
great! does it work with any bluetooth keyboard?
It should work with any HID keyboard, I don't know if there exists any non-HID bluetooth keyboards

It also should work with iControlPad. iControlPad has an ability to act as a bluetooth keyboard. If someone has it and could test it, I would be grateful. It would be a nice addition to EmuMaster.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
any plan to work with bluetooth mouse?

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
any plan to work with bluetooth mouse?
I have tried. You can connect bluetooth mouse now already with this app, a cursor will be not visible, but mouse "works". But I highly do not recommend it. I don't know why but the system cannot handle this, strange freezes, crashes, very strange.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
It should work with any HID keyboard, I don't know if there exists any non-HID bluetooth keyboards
Yes, some used SPP. Check 'kbdd' package description in Maemo extras-devel for a list of those.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
Wow! This IS a FIVE STAR APP! Thanks soooo much for making this so easy to use!!

It works with my Neos BluSlim BTK-1 Bluetooth keyboard, as well as my N810 with BlueMaemo. It doesn't work with N900 with BlueMameo, though.

Keep up the good work!!

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Doesn't work with the Sony PS3 Wireless Keypad (model CECHZK1GB). After putting it in pair mode, btinput sucessfully pairs with it, the BT icon on the status bar turns blue, the dropdown shows "Wireless Keypad connected, but as soon as I try to write something (tested on Ovi Store search bar, Notes and Terminal) the connection closes (leds blink on keypad signalling "connection lost", BT icon on the status bar turns white again), but btinput still shows a green dot on the Wireless Keypad.

Do you need a log of the error? How do I capture one?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
As far as I know PS3 Kaypad has different protocol, at least different pairing procedure. I will check it.