Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
I don't know why everybody is talking around about death of maemo.org!!
I am a normal maemo user, not experimented as MAG or Javispedro but I know enough to tweak a bit my phone as I want.
I flash my Phone once a month and it's always a pleasure to mod it differently as I did with the previous flash. Every month is a new challenge to install and test new applications.
And even if it goes slowly, let's recognize that devellopers, or simply talented members has done their best to release great applications and games or simply port some.
As I said, as long as there will be maemo users, this community will still be alive.
And I'm sure that Nokia will release a new version of this OS or at least adapt Meego to it or something like this....
After all, We all knew that Maemo was a testing OS for nokia. They planned to release meego because they want it to be tested by the mass market. The N900 was not for the mass market.
Now that they are aware of the Potential of the Platform and the Hardware (N900 is a quite good PC by the way), i'm sure that they will announce a descent phone in about one Year or two!
For now, let's take the most of our phone and believe me, if you don't use it anymore, keep it in a cold and fresh place, it will worth in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
I don't know why everybody is talking around about death of maemo.org!!
Could it be the flies buzzing around the decaying body of code? Elop's already choked all the living breath out of it, at this point it's just twitching.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, buysomethinelse, doomsday, merge, op braindead?, pls delete, winding down