I see Qt is slower for this than Gtk.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
since i have updating to CSSU i notice this apps is to slow to start...it took 1.15 minute to run this apps even after reboot....
is there new update @ a fixed to make this apps start fast in CSSU???
i use this apps often but its a pain in the b*tt waiting for this apps to run...

please give an update @ atleast a solutions for this....

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Strážnice, Czech Republic
Is anybody working on Czech translation (Figa wrote here a long time ago, that he would like to) or can I translate it?

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
i compiled the QM file for the Italian Users here is the QM

*** you can add it to /opt/filebox/lang folder

slaweet: you can, you can edit the TS file using QT 4 Linguist it can build the QM file

pusak gaoq: you have to clean the device (in home/user/ there are some files to delete like cache, thumbinails etc i created an autoexe script that will clean everithing in home to make fbox more faster )
Attached Files
File Type: zip Italian.zip (3.7 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by santiago; 2011-06-18 at 14:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
since i have updating to CSSU i notice this apps is to slow to start...it took 1.15 minute to run this apps even after reboot....
is there new update @ a fixed to make this apps start fast in CSSU???
i use this apps often but its a pain in the b*tt waiting for this apps to run...

please give an update @ atleast a solutions for this....
Try deleting the thumbnails folder for filebox:

/home/user/.thumbnails/filebox

It might not be a related issue with the CSSU Had this myself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karimko For This Useful Post:
hi,

Firstly great app!!!!

when ever i try to delete files, uncompress rar or tar or zip files the app freezes my n900. . . i have to pull out my battery to resume functioning.

i have all options in settings ticked.

Is there some setting im using tht is causing this?

thks in advance.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I know it's a long time since latest version from Cepi Perez, but I'd like to ask for a little change in multi-selection behaviour.

I think it would be easier to use it if multiselection was only possible by clicking in the checkbox beside the element, instead of in any place of the element as it's implemented right now. This way, you could have multiselection always enabled, at the minimum cost of loosing a few space for the checkbox, while still being able to navigate with one click.

Thanks in any case for this great application.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by karimko View Post
Try deleting the thumbnails folder for filebox:

/home/user/.thumbnails/filebox

It might not be a related issue with the CSSU Had this myself.
definitely seems to work plus I turned thumbnail for image off. Its definitely faster.

I didn't see this covered before, and I'm not sure it has anything to do with Filebox or is the problem with maemo, but when I use remote filesystems (Vista or XP) over network (mapped with Wizard-Mounter) the filenames with special characters (ä or ö) are shown as broken symlinks and they dont work. When I use the same files with N900 original - less usefull - filetool their names are shown with error markings instead of the special characters, but I can open the files and manipulate them. This is not big problem, because I can rename the files with the original manager, but if this is easily configurable in the settings of the Filebox, it could make a good software even better. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Probably different charsets used, and i suspect FileBox doesn't support Unicode. Common issue; Unicode support has to be implemented by kernel, filesystem, and user-mode applications like for example file managers in order to use special characters in file system entry handling.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post: