Notices

Task Poach is a todo or task manager type app that supports hierarchical todo lists with categories. The goal is to be able to use the same task file on a desktop computer as on the n900.

It is written for the Maemo.org Coding Competition 2012 with a short time frame, so only includes a limited number of the features of Task Coach.

Every attempt is made to not lose Task Coach info, however keep backups when trying it!

Main Window that shows tasks:

Editing a task (portrait mode shown):

Note: cannot get it to build in autobuilder right now to update the version in Extras. Hopefully that works soon.
New version (fixes a couple of bugs with recurring tasks):
Temporary download link

Old version download link:
Download it from Extras-devel

Now in Extras-devel!
Finally ironed out the issues uploading it. After a few tests to be sure we have the dependencies ironed out I should be able to promote it to Extras-testing

Last edited by computerinfo21; 2012-11-13 at 22:11. Reason: Updating download link

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Excelent application, good workin, until now no problem. I need this for my job.
Thanks.
Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to D@vIcHoJD For This Useful Post:
great app for my daily activities

The Following User Says Thank You to c4rl05 For This Useful Post:
Awesome, glad others needed it too. I've been wishing for it for a long time.

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
Excelent application, good workin, until now no problem. I need this for my job.
Thanks.
Regards
Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping I had the dependencies correct. Never set up a scratchbox and don't have another device to test on.

Any feedback from others is welcome, & I'd appreciate your votes during the competition, if I win an n9 or n950 I'd like to try to get it working for them.

i dont know if the problem is with my phone or not, i just installed the app wit its depencency, bt when i try to launch it just load for few seconds the it takes me back to dash, it always happen like that when i tried to launch it,

same problem here

hmm, that's bad. Can you both try opening a terminal and running the following command to see where it is failing?
Code:
/opt/taskpoach/taskpoach.py

$ /opt/taskpoach/taskpoach.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/taskpoach/taskpoach.py", line 33, in <module>
from ui.help import HelpWindow
File "/opt/taskpoach/ui/help.py", line 26, in <module>
from Ui_help import Ui_HelpWindow
File "/opt/taskpoach/ui/Ui_help.py", line 39, in <module>
from PyQt4 import QtWebKit
ImportError: cannot import name QtWebKit

The Following User Says Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Ok, thanks! Looks like I missed a dependency for the help section. That was one of the last things I added. I'll add it and make an updated package and post it as soon as I can.

The Following User Says Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:
Updated the package to add the QtWebKit library as a dependency and also finally got it accepted into the Extras repository.

The link in the first post points to the updated package now, anyone want to try and see if we have the dependency all ironed out now?

The Following User Says Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post: