Notices

I am trying to get Logmein running on my N800 with OS2008. I have downloaded Logmein several times (uninstalling before redownloading). It shows up as installed in the App Manager. It sows up as an installed plug-in in the browser. I originally tried unsuccessfully with Fennec, then uninstalled Fennec but it made no difference. Flash shows up as a plug-in in the browser.

My understanding is I should see a toolbar in the browser. I don't see any toolbar but the navigation toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

I have searched this site and others but can't find any way to diagnose what is wrong. I have emailed Logmein but haven't heard anything back.

I would appreciate any help people can give me. I have begun thinking that maybe I don't know what to look for on screen. If that's the case, let me know. I'll feel really stupid, but, hey...!

I am a linux/maemo newbie, if that helps framing your response.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
hi
do you have any other browser plugins installed?
flashblock doesn't play nice with logmein plugin.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Charlotte, NC
I have Logmein up and running on my N800, but I don't have an icon on the browser. Once I am on the Internet, I go to www.logmein.com and then log in via their website.

I loaded the client software, but do not see it on my tablet at all. I do know that it works (very well) from the N800 after I log in.

Good Luck.

ET

Originally Posted by eetimm View Post
I have Logmein up and running on my N800, but I don't have an icon on the browser. Once I am on the Internet, I go to www.logmein.com and then log in via their website.

I loaded the client software, but do not see it on my tablet at all. I do know that it works (very well) from the N800 after I log in.

Good Luck.

ET

EETIMM, thanks for your help. I just didn't understand that access was from the website not the N800. I registered, logged in and can sort of control my PC. I have made the connection, just need to play with it to understand how the remote and host interact to various points and clicks.

Alan

I went back and tried connecting to my bank accounts through my home PC. Worked like a charm once I figured out how and when to use the on-screen logmein keyboard.

I'm going on a trip in a week and am feeling much better about using my Nokia or another PC to get to my bank accounts safely.

Thanks again for giving me the tip necessary to make it possible.

Alan