Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
BSPlayer, MXPlayer, VLC, ... whatever you need - there are so many to choose.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Getting hints of frustration already.
Mainly due to the insistance of Google Play demanding I have a GMail account. Last time I had one of those the damn thing got hacked, got spammed to death with "Accounting and "Money Minding" job offers from Nigeria.
Don't suppose there's any way around it.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
No one is forcing you to use the gmail account. Just create one for Google Play and I have never read it. Google can then spam themselves to their heart content.

I think its safe to say, if you think Gmail is prone to spamming then so is Live etc etc

I'm flattered

So, it's been 3 days and I'm going mad.
Opera on Android is a nightmare, so is Chrome. For some unknown reason they don't think we need "Quit" buttons. At least I haven't found them. Have to press and hold the Home button to quit them from within task switcher, found a few more apps in there too, eating my precious RAM.
Working out how to add "Speed Dial" bookmarks was job and a half.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...no one uses stock audioplayers.
See what you mean. The stock player is positively pants. A few other stock apps are too.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
BSPlayer, MXPlayer, VLC, ... whatever you need - there are so many to choose.
Cheers for the tips. Found MXPlayer and decided on n7Player for audio. Although n7Player pulls some funny looking album art down.

Find myself screaming out for a physical keyboard quite a lot. Just can't get on with onscreen only, maybe have to get me one of those stylus pen jobbies.
Spent a good 1/2 hour uninstalling a load of pre-installed trash, stuff like a Bulgarian Transport Info app and some other foreign apps that Vodafone thought would be useful to someone who lives in the UK
Not even transferred my contacts over yet, so I've not put my SIM in it yet.

Meh.