hi guys this has probably been asked a hundred times but i cant find an answer, im with three ireland and il be heading to london for november so im trying to use my n900 as a modem for my laptop (use 3g to connect to the web),

i downloaded pc suite 7.1 for my windows 7 laptop and installed it, at the bottom of the application im getting a message stating that my phone isnt fully supported is that important?

anytime i go to use the "connect to the internet through your phone" im left sitting for 10 seconds as if its going to connect only to get a message saying "failed to establish a network connection"

any ideas? any help would be great guys

Originally Posted by Icyseanfitz View Post
i downloaded pc suite 7.1 for my windows 7 laptop and installed it, at the bottom of the application im getting a message stating that my phone isnt fully supported is that important?

anytime i go to use the "connect to the internet through your phone" im left sitting for 10 seconds as if its going to connect only to get a message saying "failed to establish a network connection"

PC Suite 7.1 is supported (not all features), but for the sake of modem yes, its definitely supported. I have been using it.

OVI Suite (latest version) is also supported). I use it a couple of times just to test it out.

Try to change the APN setting directly on the PC Suite example:
internet2.voicestream.com for t-mobile or epc.tmobile.com

Or of course, mobilehotspot (no need USB cable) will also work.

The Following User Says Thank You to tirtawn For This Useful Post:
thanks must be something to do with three anyone here from the uk or ireland trying this?

tried ovi suite but that was a no go as well failed to connect, must be something to do with the 3g settings or something

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
i'm on meteor and used ovi suit, worked fine once i put in the settings. make sure its the latest ovi suite. does data work normally on the phone with 3?

yeah i can browse the web on my n900, just cant seem to tether for some stupid reason

check the settings for data on ovi suite. i remember i had to manually add the connection when the one on it was older and wrong.
get the working settings off your phone and try them. don't connect to 3 data on the phone but let ovi suite do it.

any idea how i go about completely resetting my phone to factory settings (or newest update) without losing my contacts etc. ? its been so long since i did anything technical with this phone that ive completely forgot how to work it my app manager doesnt even work anymore

backup your contacts. you can export them all if you like to files.
run the backup manager on the phone. then reflash(google) then restore contacts and conversations from backup.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted by Icyseanfitz View Post
hi guys this has probably been asked a hundred times but i cant find an answer, im with three ireland and il be heading to london for november so im trying to use my n900 as a modem for my laptop (use 3g to connect to the web),

www.joiku.com €9
I've been using this (in USA on t-mobile) for over a year. It even works on 2g network but VERY slow. On 3g or 3.5g it is great. I've used it with a laptop when traveling and even my main computer at home when the cable internet has gone down.
also forget PC suite, just connect with windows.

Last edited by jbscurtis; 2011-10-25 at 02:16. Reason: added more