http://www.slashgear.com/n9-successo...ness-25190592/

Could it be?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Perhaps you could search this forum for "Meltemi".

It's the next linux distry in line after Diablo, Fremantle (N900), and Harmattan (N9).
For me it doesn't mather that mouch if they call it maemo, MeeGo or the new S40(B). Important to me is to get N9 like Hardware.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Here we go again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Perhaps you could search this forum for "Meltemi".

It's the next linux distry in line after Diablo, Fremantle (N900), and Harmattan (N9).
For me it doesn't mather that mouch if they call it maemo, MeeGo or the new S40(B). Important to me is to get N9 like Hardware.
I know about Meltemi.Perhaps you should read the linked article. The link that I posted talks about Maemo/Harmattan based OS. Which Meltemi is not. Meltemi is a new linux based OS for low end (or so the rumors say).
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Last edited by The Wizard of Huz; 2011-10-25 at 16:55.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Alternatively, it’s suggested, Nokia might be looking back to Maemo, the platform that was rolled into MeeGo – along with Moblin – when the company partnered with Intel last year.
that's good news for TMO! (if it's true.)

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-10-25 at 17:56.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Talked to a couple of friends inside nokia, no one had heard about it...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Talked to a couple of friends inside nokia, no one had heard about it...
It's not suprise at all. They know only about their own projects/teams etc.

Well. It's obvious that they have something Linux related in pipeline. For example, look at tweets by luovanto:
"After hacking in Ulm, research & dreaming in Beijing, general futures & good times in Tokyo & Hong Kong, it's good to go HEL"

..Well, ULM & Beijng are sites where INTERNAL OS development is being done. It can be meltemi or successor for meego-fremantle or whatever. Definetly something is being cooked!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
It could also be that this its just a plan b device in case wp7 fails... One that's not meant to be released as long as there its a choice.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Here we go again
I remember the first time I heard about Harmattan and the N900 successor... I remember the good times planning and imagining what it would be... Now that thread has reached over 10 000 posts and I still don't have the N9 in my hands! :@

I'm done waiting around for rumours, lol, after I get bored with the N9, im going Android until Nokia releases (not announces) a new project.

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by larux View Post
It's not suprise at all. They know only about their own projects/teams etc.

Well. It's obvious that they have something Linux related in pipeline. For example, look at tweets by luovanto:
"After hacking in Ulm, research & dreaming in Beijing, general futures & good times in Tokyo & Hong Kong, it's good to go HEL"

..Well, ULM & Beijng are sites where INTERNAL OS development is being done. It can be meltemi or successor for meego-fremantle or whatever. Definetly something is being cooked!
My friends inside Nokia are all Linux/Harmattan/Meego/Maemo related.....

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4