Notices

CALENDARRR

Calendarrr automatically updates the Calendar icon on your N9/N950's home screen with today's date, freeing it from being stuck forever on the 21st. While Calendarrr is similar to thp/pam's calenderr script, Calendarrr:

• Installs no extra background processes - no decrease in battery life
  • Automatically updates after time changes and when moving between time zones
  • Uninstalls cleanly at any time

Calendarrr is compatible with PR1.1 and PR1.1.1 firmware only. The PR1.2 firmware already includes this functionality, so this program isn't needed if you've already upgraded.

Note: If you have calenderr ("Dynamic calendar icon" on Nokia Store) installed, remove it and reboot before installing Calendarrr. Make sure to remove Calendarrr before trying to upgrade to PR1.2 (you won't be able to otherwise).

Apps for Meego: Available from calendar-live-icon or use apt-get install calendar-live-icon
Install package: DEB
Source package: Download from OBS
License: Do WTF You Want To Public License

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-03-04 at 04:47. Reason: updated for 0.1.2

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
pr 1.2 has this feature!

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
pr 1.2 has this feature!
Exactly - which is why I mentioned that in my post. However, I wrote this before I knew that, and since everyone with an N9 is still stuck with PR1.1 for now, it's useful for a while yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
In my opinion, this app can still be kept relevant post PR1.2 by making the icon more dynamic. ie, you can have iOS-style badge showing no of events remaining for a day, color of icon changes with time (free/busy/open/etc).

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
In my opinion, this app can still be kept relevant post PR1.2 by making the icon more dynamic. ie, you can have iOS-style badge showing no of events remaining for a day, color of icon changes with time (free/busy/open/etc).
Hmm...interesting idea, though I'm worried it would be difficult to pull it off while keeping the native "look and feel". This implementation looks stock because it is stock - since Nokia included the full set of calendar icons from the beginning.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Please can you explain what is the difference between this and "Dynamic calendar icon" which you already made reference to?

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Please can you explain what is the difference between this and "Dynamic calendar icon" which you already made reference to?
"Dynamic calendar icon" installs a script that checks how much time is left until midnight, then waits until then, updates the icon, and repeats. The problem with this is that it breaks if the time zone changes. Suppose you set your phone to flight mode, then board a plane and fly two zones to the east. If you arrive at 0030h in the destination time zone and disable flight mode, the icon won't update until 0200h.

This implementation instead uses the N9's built-in task scheduler (timed), which is aware of time zones and can be set to immediately run my program on time changes - so it's always in sync. Also, since timed is already installed and running in the first place, Calendarrr uses no additional resources.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
I've updated Calendarrr to 0.1.1 - no significant changes, but it's now compilable through the Community OBS.

Edit: Another update, this time to 0.1.2; Calendarrr is now in Apps For Meego!

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-02-26 at 03:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Can anybody help on how to remove the original calendarhack? It contains both calendarhack.conf and calenderr.sh
I found the sh file under /home/user and removed the file but I can't find the conf one
I thought it was under /etc/init/ but its not

*Update: Nevermind, under /etc/init/apps/ found and removed

Last edited by IsaacDFP; 2012-03-03 at 03:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
is there something like this for N900 ? Sorry for the OT

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post: