Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
any tip for trying to run this on N9?

[tw] @kegnatz

Extract to ext2/3 partition (tar -zxvf livef1.tar.gz /home/user) and just run the binary (/home/user/live-f1)

Can't find libneon... I send PM to developer of this:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=829887&postcount=7

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
I did a quick compile of libneon and live-f1 on sb, and here is a screenshot of it running on N9 on my btinput-terminal app.

So yes, it can be easily ported on N9, but I don't know if I have time to make a nice deb package for it in ovi store.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
tried what @szopin told me, but with no success... @rainisto - could You upload it here, or put a short how-to... ?

[tw] @kegnatz

In the meantime you could try downloading fremantle libneon .deb, placing libneon.so from it in the same folder as live-f1 and run 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.' before trying to run live-f1, might work.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
So yes, it can be easily ported on N9, but I don't know if I have time to make a nice deb package for it in ovi store.
There is still lot of time before first practice

Maybe not time to store but here or my-meego?

(go rainisto go...)

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Romania
I got it running, just installed the libneon deb from the maemo repository. The problem now is that starting it in the terminal is kinda difficult, because with the VKB in the way, the program stops with the message "insufficient lines/columns in display" (unless I'm really fast and manage to hide the keyboard while it's starting).
Could a shortcut be made to run it in the terminal without showing the keyboard?

The Following User Says Thank You to vlad_dracul For This Useful Post:
^I think yes... and there is "wlines" (orwhatever) in display.c where you can reduce lines... But rainisto allready show us working version... maybe we should wait... few hours...

(gentleman, start your engines...)

No way to lower font size in xterm before running? (in N900 it's volume up/down, no idea how it works in N9, but bit crazy it seems)

EDIT: or a shotcurt on desktop (you need to enter your email/pass only once) that does 'xterm -e /home/user/live-f1' executing the binary without forcing kb? Try mrxvt from maemo? It definitely allows -e(xecuting whatever program you want). Maybe executing .sh that does the above? In maemo it is not straightforward, but if it is running, starting it up without kb showing should be doable.

Last edited by szopin; 2012-03-15 at 23:31.