Active Topics

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Could people please stop quoting abill_uk in these important and interesting community threads? It always leads only to massive amounts of unconstructive noise that buries underneath it all that is worth reading and discussing.

abill_uk has his own community thread. Move it there.
it takes two to tango...
true, abill seems to miss the "internet (chat / forum) etiquette"
(basically, it's a wild wild world and nobody cares. the only thing browsers are certainly interested in is a good argument (aka flame war))
nonetheless, for the last 20+ posts many are personal attacks on abill. an internaut would just hit the ignore button
(i have six ppl on my list that for too many posts didn't post anything but insults & personal attacks)
or ignore a single post "out of line".
abill doesn't seem to have that sensibility, but in this very case, he has been picked on.
and has @ least behaved by not leaching back.
even against poster who kept coming back with unsolicited and unwarranted insults.

EDIT: ups, sorry, seven now

Last edited by misterc; 2011-08-05 at 10:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
it takes two to tango...
(basically, it's a wild wild world and nobody cares. the only thing browsers are certainly interested in is a good argument (aka flame war))
nonetheless, for the last 20+ posts many are personal attacks on abill. an internaut would just hit the ignore button
(i have six ppl on my list that for too many posts didn't post anything but insults & personal attacks)
abill doesn't seem to have that sensibility, but in this very case, he has been picked on.
even against poster who kept coming back with unsolicited and unwarranted insults.

Actually my ignore list is growing by the way but it takes a lot for me to put someone on it just in case they could even be half sensible .

I really do feel the way forward is via the council of this community and as many have already said i will only repeat by saying again that they need to make contact with Nokia and see what the latest situation is regarding any hope of release for the Maemo code soo much wanted here.

As for my contribution i will make every effort to to post pics of a more suitable usb fix than anyone has ever posted before on here but that is not on topic with this thread.

The main reason i never got involved with testing cssu was the battery problem and untill bme is solved in a proper way it is pointless to install.

The other problem is the overwriting of important emmc structure making it near on impossible for the noob to re-flash.

I am not a linux coder and never will be now but i know these guys are working very hard indeed when they were active and i fully support in words any further progress on cssu in any way or form as long as it is a forward movement and not one that creates even more problems elsewhere on the os.

Sorry to be off topic a little please resume.

abill, sorry for the flame wars, i do understand you are a genuine person, with lots of knowledge in hardware, and genuinely concerned about maemo etc.

could you please mind sharing your background a bit to help us know you (and appreciate) you better. Things like age, history with mobiles, what do you do for a living, etc... you can anonymise your background as far as you wish...

about open source...
(possibly the source of all the buzz about Android's lack of openness)

A new way of measuring Openness, from Android to WebKit: The Open Governance Index
Maemo isn't even on it, of course but MeeGo is, fifth, three up from Android.

off topic as far as CSSU & open sourcing is concerned but maybe of more interest for the Council...
Open Source community building: a guide to getting it right

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
it takes two to tango...

Oh please! Abill was criticising the CSSU and he DID NOT KNOW WHAT IT WAS. He argues just for the sake of arguing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Oh please! Abill was criticising the CSSU and he DID NOT KNOW WHAT IT WAS. He argues just for the sake of arguing.
that was the biggest joke of T.M.O.... + the fact that he didnt install a single application from extras till date... fearing that he might need to reflash..

But still Acidspunk, others, Abill is a member of our community, lets try to talk him through this (understand him and make t.m.o a better place)... (no other option)

The Following User Says Thank You to IcyMoustache For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Ain't gonna happen. You can hold your breath until you're blue (a lot of us did), but that's the reality of it. Let's move on.
This is one of the posts i was reffering too and is the reason the debate goes on.

Sad even if it could be true.

No dis-respect to lma by the way !.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Really, guys, the reported post messages I'm seeing are unbelievable. You would think I was a kindergarten teacher.

What's so hard about chilling out? I enjoy an occasional heated exchange myself but this is beyond nuts.

abill_uk, as usual you're at the center of it. Guess what I see in your future.

Give it a rest, guys. I hate heavy-handed moderation, but it's coming...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Really, guys, the reported post messages I'm seeing are unbelievable. You would think I was a kindergarten teacher.

What's so hard about chilling out? I enjoy an occasional heated exchange myself but this is beyond nuts.

abill_uk, as usual you're at the center of it. Guess what I see in your future.

Give it a rest, guys. I hate heavy-handed moderation, but it's coming...
OK enough is enough i guess so if thay is a threat then bann me now and make sure it is permanent ok.

This community is going nowhere with all the rants and bad talk and i want no part of this.

Genuine for the survival of Maemo here !.

Please read the post in reply to yours on my thread ok.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-08-05 at 13:29.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Instead of being sarcastic why dont you join in and be helpfull instead of try to be-little people ?.
Pot. Kettle.

abill_uk, I kindly request that you relax a bit and let the folks do some discussion about what options are available, not about what's a mess, or what you see.

Keep this up, you're adding to the problems, not assisting. You cannot learn when all you're doing is responding.

Pull back. Please. Even if for just a couple of days.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
goodbye nokia, maemo.org, troll party, winding down