Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Netflix Android app worked flawlessly on Jolla.
Can someone confirm this is still the case?

I can install it from Aptoide but when I start it, I get:
Code:
This app is not compatible with your device. You can download a compatible version from the Netflix website.

Learn how
The "Learn how" is a link to the website, which goes on about something called "Play Protect certification".

Speaking of which, I now have four Android apps installed on my phone, of which only one (the Aptoide store itself) works. Two are giving me errors and one (Whatapp) I have not had the courage to try yet.

It is possible I just need to install some dependencies. It would not be the first time

<tl;dr>
For about 5 years, I have been going around with two phones: a Jolla (the first one) for making calls, texting and making a hotspot and an Android phone for everything else. I decided to get a used XA2 and install Sailfish X on it, with so far rather questionable results (see above). Needless to say, I have a lot of catching up to do.
</tl;dr>

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Can someone confirm this is still the case?

I can install it from Aptoide but when I start it, I get:
Code:
This app is not compatible with your device. You can download a compatible version from the Netflix website.

Learn how
The "Learn how" is a link to the website, which goes on about something called "Play Protect certification".
It does work in SFOS 4.3.0 with Android support on XA2. Netflix v4.15.1, code 14947. Running fine on my Xperia 10 Plus

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
I now have four Android apps installed on my phone, of which only one (the Aptoide store itself) works.
My wife also has an XA2 with Sailfish, and I am quite impressed by the Android App Support. She uses the Signal messenger and Öffi daily, and also sometimes plays games, uses vocabulary learning apps and much more. Since a year or so it is in a state where we are surprised if an app does not work.

Maybe you should do a full reflash if your phone is so stubborn, somewhere something may have gone wrong.

For Netflix I can't help you, because she would not touch streaming services with a stick. But my guess would be, it just works.

Just as deutch1976 confirmed.

Originally Posted by Macros View Post
My wife also has an XA2 with Sailfish, and I am quite impressed by the Android App Support. She uses the Signal messenger and Öffi daily, and also sometimes plays games, uses vocabulary learning apps and much more. Since a year or so it is in a state where we are surprised if an app does not work.

Maybe you should do a full reflash if your phone is so stubborn, somewhere something may have gone wrong.

For Netflix I can't help you, because she would not touch streaming services with a stick. But my guess would be, it just works.

Just as deutch1976 confirmed.
Most of the apps that don't work anymore, and just like with windows mobile, i have to try older versions

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
It does work in SFOS 4.3.0 with Android support on XA2. Netflix v4.15.1, code 14947. Running fine on my Xperia 10 Plus
My SFOS is 4.5.0.21, Netflix 8.78.0. I wonder if I need to downgrade, as per your last post.

Or maybe just install Gapps. I tried from Aptoide, as it was available there, but it did nothing. I can't do it the command-line way, as I do not have a USB C data cable. I had to borrow one to flash the phone.

Another thing I noticed only now. It is off-topic for this thread, but what the hell. My contacts were not migrated properly. I did a backup on my old Jolla and restore on my XA2. About a half of my contacts lost some of the details. For example, I have the name and email, but not the phone number and the address. Just another thing to have to worry about. Oh well.

My SFOS is 4.5.0.21, Netflix 8.78.0. I wonder if I need to downgrade, as per your last post.

Or maybe just install Gapps. I tried from Aptoide, as it was available there, but it did nothing. I can't do it the command-line way, as I do not have a USB C data cable. I had to borrow one to flash the phone.

Another thing I noticed only now. It is off-topic for this thread, but what the hell. My contacts were not migrated properly. I did a backup on my old Jolla and restore on my XA2. About a half of my contacts lost some of the details. For example, I have the name and email, but not the phone number and the address. Just another thing to have to worry about. Oh well.
Once it works i will never update any app

About the contacts it seems like a bad synchronization

Tags
aindroid, essential apps