Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Way more anti-climatic than I was prepared for. No hatchets? No threats? No drama?

Boo
Want me to go into the layoffs?

Originally Posted by gregd View Post
BTW,Hi folks,

Adobe needs to be the one to update flash and make it available. Nokia can surely help encourage that, and we should continue to recommend to them that they do. BUT, we need to make it clear to Adobe that they have a large and vocal customer base to serve.

There is an enhancement request posted on Adobe's system to this effect. I encourage everyone to vote for this, as a clear sign that we exist and are requesting some action.

The bug number is FP-2381, and you can vote here (you will need to register with Adobe, but it's quick and painless).

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-2381

Thanks!

Greg.
ok, vote for it.
guys please do it , to use our device for longer time.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Want me to go into the layoffs?
No need. Hearing that some of these decisions affected people directly when honestly (in my personal opinion) better decisions could have been made on stuff that directly affects me - I'm the weird geek that actually likes/uses Adobe Flash since it supports my livelihood.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Doesn't Flash 10 require 3D. What you should pledge instead is for websites to stop requiring the greatest&latest version when there's no need.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Doesn't Flash 10 require 3D. What you should pledge instead is for websites to stop requiring the greatest&latest version when there's no need.
Wrong. FP10 does not require 3D. There was (true) 3D in Flash via Papervision3D since honestly FP8. The 3D in FP10 can use some GPU acceleration; but it's not required.

Meanwhile, I do agree that websites unnecessarily jump the gun and push for the latest version when honestly it's not needed. Sure, the video codec difference(s) in FP8 to FP9 sometimes warranted the need to push upwards to FP9, otherwise it wouldn't work/show. But the move to FP10, not unless you're using the 3D portions of FP10, you don't have really any other reason to push towards 10. Even the bitmap portions are the same as FP9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
flash, update