New Record: Ordered last night at 9:49pm; arrived today at 11:50am. 14 hours!

Ok, I live in the same city where EPO is located and I selected the local delivery option, but this is outstanding.

Both adapters work as advertised with my 128MB USB thumb drive and my 500GB Vantec NexStar LX. I've got and MPEG playing off it right now!

I'll be spending the rest of the weekend finding out what works and doesn't work.

Thank you very much!

Dornanu

Wow, that's fast dornanu! Unfortunately mine took over two weeks. I was really hoping to get it before I went on vacation but no luck. Since my camera uses the useless and expensive xd format I wanted to transfer my photos using the adapter to my SDHC cards... anyway, The order processing alone took a week and then canada post is to blame for the rest but it does work as advertised. Would buy again.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
joluois, I still have not received mine, and have not found my tracking info yet either. I'll keep looking.

But on another note, here may be another opportunity for you guys: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=9618

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
So, does this mean I can use one of these:

http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/p...view.do?id=282

on the N800 with this little USB adapter?

(it installs Linux-friendly client software on my Eeepc on first plugin)

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by dornanu View Post
New Record: Ordered last night at 9:49pm; arrived today at 11:50am. 14 hours!

Ok, I live in the same city where EPO is located and I selected the local delivery option, but this is outstanding.
I was going to say Hi when I dropped it off but nobody was home at the time (free local shipping = I drop it off when I'm out and about!)

Anyways glad that it's all well and it's working as expected!

Tex, send me a PM or something with at least your email addy or your shipping address... something so that I can find you in the system here and confirm things.

Very interesting about those audio cables though, I'll do some poking around and post back up to let people know as I've got a few "specialty cable" suppliers that would probably have something like that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I second Texrat's request for that headphone/mic adapter. Or he seconds me. Whatever.

I think you'd get the same gold rush stampede for these that you got for your OTG adapters.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
What I would like is an adapter that splits the proprietary headphone/mike plug into a stereo mini phono for headphones and a mono mini for mic, so I could use any computer headset on my N800.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I third what qole said. The guy I spoke with at Seidio didn't even know the tablets existed. I tried to give him an idea of the potential market for their little operation but he seemed a little detached.

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Tex, send me a PM or something with at least your email addy or your shipping address... something so that I can find you in the system here and confirm things.

Very interesting about those audio cables though, I'll do some poking around and post back up to let people know as I've got a few "specialty cable" suppliers that would probably have something like that.
PM sent, thanks.

If you're up for it, you may wind up with a thriving little tablet accessory business soon enough. Once I get jablet.net repurposed and going again (hopefully this summer when I free up time that's now spent getting kids through homework) you'll get a nice writeup and reference link on the site.

Last edited by Texrat; 2008-04-09 at 14:27.

Is there another source besides EPO? I'm not keen on paying $24 shipping for a $6 item.

W

No. Buy one and open, solder, and reclose it yourself is an option. And you can spread shipping over a bunch of stuff, not just the adapter.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
There was somebody who bought a set of 25 connectors to resell them out of Finland, but I never heard anything to say that he'd setup a site or anything so Benson's laid out about the only other option. How are you getting $24 for just an adapter shipping by the way (UPS would be around there, but the flat rate postal service even international is lower than that...).

Anyways, on a side note for all interested, I posted in the other thread about this but I'll put it here for the record as well:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...598#post167598

So for anyone who's after a mic/headphone breakout dongle, it's in the works! (should be ready by early-mid next week if all goes well).

Thanks,
-Rob

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post: