Notices

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sam9953 View Post
I am not able to find this app in the repositories and also nowhere on the internet.
Enable extra-devel and you are good to go

It would be good if the user could correct the result text in the "Selected Text" area of the results which show in the 3rd step. I have tried the program in a number of languages and it seems to have trouble with semicolons and colons. If I could simply put a cursor in the "Selected Text" box and eliminate (or edit) the colon/semicolon (or any other error) the translation may then work.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
I not able to install it, i get conflict with power kermel.
does this app uses Fcam?

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Would it be possible to split this app into OCR app and translator app? That way, it could be way more versatile.

For example, those who want only an OCR app (and rarely, if ever uses translation), could have a lightweight OCR application. Those who want the translation also, should be able to download a seperate plugin/applcation that can be called directly from the first ocr app.

The advantages to this are:
a. reduction in size/footprint of the OCR app, if translation not required.
b. For those who have the translation plugin/app installed, it functions just like one joint app which takes images>OCRs it>translates it.
c. For those who want only translation (for eg, text from an ebook/pdf file/webpage/etc, they can install and run just the translator app without OCR plugin. again, lower memory footprint.

Please consider this methodology. Also, you may be able to enter the Meego Coding Competition 2011 with two seperate apps

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Anyone has problem with the scroll bar? When the texts to translate need several lines to display, there are scroll bars there but I can't use them. Maybe a bug?

Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
I'm also not seeing it :S I have all the repo's enabled. It was there earlier too! Bleh.
I wasn't able to see it too even after regularly checking updates from the dev repositories .

So i went over here : http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...nslator/0.0.9/

And downloaded the .deb file manually . After installing the 0.07 version i got an update for the 0.0.9 version the next time in application manager .

The Following User Says Thank You to DaReaper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerocool2k View Post
Anyone has problem with the scroll bar? When the texts to translate need several lines to display, there are scroll bars there but I can't use them. Maybe a bug?
Yes, this is a known issue I haven't been able to resolve. For now you can click inside the window and use the keyboard arrow keys to scroll up or down. Same with highlighting: use the shift key.

Thanks.

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by DaReaper View Post
I wasn't able to see it too even after regularly checking updates from the dev repositories .

So i went over here : http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...nslator/0.0.9/

And downloaded the .deb file manually . After installing the 0.07 version i got an update for the 0.0.9 version the next time in application manager .
Mine eventually showed, I was updating my catalogues over Three Uk's 3G and then updated them on home wifi, not sure if this was a coincidence or a fix. Thanks anyway!

I have troubles getting the mir translator to work.
Currently installed verion 0.0.9 and FCamera 0.1.7-1

I've restarted my N900 after installing above software (and several times since that). When I start mir translator, I get the camera output with just one button visible: the close button.
Even the close button does not respond easily. Looking at "top" from xterminal, the load average is over 4.
After executing mir translator I can no longer use the "regular" camera application until I have restarted the N900 as the camera will crash.

Originally Posted by japa-fi View Post
I have troubles getting the mir translator to work.
Currently installed verion 0.0.9 and FCamera 0.1.7-1

I've restarted my N900 after installing above software (and several times since that). When I start mir translator, I get the camera output with just one button visible: the close button.
Even the close button does not respond easily. Looking at "top" from xterminal, the load average is over 4.
After executing mir translator I can no longer use the "regular" camera application until I have restarted the N900 as the camera will crash.
Japa-fi,

Thank you for your patience. The beginning screen with just the close button is correct. If you can see the viewfinder being displayed, try using the camera shutter button to take a picture... but I feel maybe you aren't talking about this.

Unfortunately, I am having difficulty reproducing your other two problems. For now, I can only suggest you try uninstalling both FCam drivers as well as MIR Translator and reinstalling. I have an idea about what can be causing these issues, but it's just a guess. I will include a fix in the next update.