There is one major problem with the app. The events that are created locally work like charm, but events that are synchronized from exchange have their time wrong. Looks like it doesn't handle time zones correctly, as in EET (+2 GMT) event which is supposed to be 2pm is displayed to be at noon in event feed. However the time is correct within calendar app when you open it from the feed. Weird.

Originally Posted by vjs View Post
There is one major problem with the app. The events that are created locally work like charm, but events that are synchronized from exchange have their time wrong. Looks like it doesn't handle time zones correctly, as in EET (+2 GMT) event which is supposed to be 2pm is displayed to be at noon in event feed. However the time is correct within calendar app when you open it from the feed. Weird.
Thanks for letting me know - I will look into this.

can we have to-dos also shown in the feed?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by chillip View Post
Thanks for letting me know - I will look into this.
Exactly, my future Exchange entries (for the next day) are shown but not current ones - being in NZ & on summertime, we are on GMT +13 hours...

Originally Posted by ammar.m View Post
can we have to-dos also shown in the feed?
It's on the todo list

Originally Posted by PhatApteryx View Post
Exactly, my future Exchange entries (for the next day) are shown but not current ones - being in NZ & on summertime, we are on GMT +13 hours...
I have pmed you.

Excellent start. May I know how often does the feed get updated?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
It's on the todo list

I have pmed you.
Thanks, Initial observations are that 0.9.3 resolves this - will let it run for a day or so to confirm

Originally Posted by sting.kl View Post
Excellent start. May I know how often does the feed get updated?
The feed gets auto-updated as soon as something in the calendar changes (this may take 5-10 seconds) or if new items have to be preloaded in order to fill the home screen with events which fall into the limits specified by the user.

Seems like another calendar feed is out unfortunately with the same name (funnily enough it was announced the same day this one was released).

Does anyone have suggestions for a new name (it should have the word calendar in it)?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Rybinsk, Russia
Seems like another calendar feed is out unfortunately with the same name (funnily enough it was announced the same day this one was released).

Does anyone have suggestions for a new name (it should have the word calendar in it)?
If you mean this one - http://store.ovi.com/content/221735, then I'm the author. Sometimes same ideas come to different minds, sorry for it. I think we even started development at same day (less or more). I've started at Nov, 14.

Last edited by dkormalev; 2011-11-22 at 12:31.