Active Topics

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by cypello View Post
@ venemo: OK, thx, so...the order is this... do like it the clip, install braek, and then disable all extras, correct? to not have any unaspected problems with the phone?! Disabling all extras the stability is much higher than if all the extras remains enabled, correct?!
Nope.
Have Extras enabled, but Extras-testing and Extras-devel disabled.

@ venemo: and if i dont have in the updates extra-testing, i have to create him, than install Braek, and then disable extra testing, right?
Right.

and about what user ZAS says up: "Since you can force an application to portrait mode with ctrl+shift+r is it possible to do that in xterm say: ossofilemanager --portrait" = what do you think, do you know this method? is it possible...and more easy?!
I dunno. I don't think it is worth bothering with, though. 90% of the time I use my N900 in landscape, with keyboard open. (The remaining 10% is the Phone app.)

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
I dunno. I don't think it is worth bothering with, though. 90% of the time I use my N900 in landscape, with keyboard open. (The remaining 10% is the Phone app.)
I use portrait for long lists like contacts, app. manager etc. It would be useful to force portrait support in the .desktop entries.

i disagree the Portrait mode is a perfect choice to have

"live today like you were going to die tomorrow, plan for tomorrow like you we going to live for ever.."

its useful to have portrait mode. auto portrait mod on rotation for the apps would be great, in addition many apps that doesn't have portrait mode should have it, mostly those that features long lists, like app manager.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
How i can have the desktop running in portrait mode?

Originally Posted by guisoliver View Post
How i can have the desktop running in portrait mode?
Who the F*** wants to have the desktop in portrait mode anyways???!!???

Who wants to use portrait mode? Portrait mode is the single biggest failure of the mobile phone industry after dropping hardware keyboard. Why they never changed to landscape mode like the N900 is the hugest mystery of the world.
Am I getting you right if I think you want a narrow phone with narrow display instead of widescreen, and that you want to clutter up half the screen with an inefficient and unproductive keyboard?

Who wants to use a narrow *** operating system with a terrible narrow browser that doesnt belong on the internet anyways? Narrow browsers are so poor that apps had to be used to rectify that miserable failure.

Apps in themselves are just poor watered down computer programs.

Time for a new evolution, to move the Smartphones out of the Symbian era, which they just copied and modified and into the productive arena as mobile computers, landscape mode widescreen, alike to N900.

PS. N9 was a huge fart in my face after using N900. So it is dusting down in favour of a second N900 I now use.

Last edited by zeebra; 2013-08-23 at 15:30.