Upgraded to OS2008 which went fine.

Settings restored (from a 2007 backup) and connects fine to both my mobile and my wireless LAN. Can browse the web with out problems.

Using the email inbox for my googlemail account (via IMAP4 rather than POP) I can only get message headers. Trying to read a message it just sits there with the retrieving bar moving from side to side but never actually appears to retrieve anything. (Checked my IMAP settings on my laptop via Thunderbird - works fine so looks like it is the N800's issue).

Using the application manager I'm unable to manage to download anything - tried pulling down openssh etc - gets to the download prompt then returns download failed.

No problems with any of the other machines on my network downloading or doing any other internetty tasks.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also for the love of <insert name of diety(ies) of choice> can someone please tell Nokia that a 24 hour clock display option would be appreciated

Last edited by Arimus; 2007-12-19 at 19:35.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
For starters they say don't restore settings from 2007. You may need to re flash.
Second, with a few exceptions the 2007apps won't work on os2008.

Before you re flash you can try this, go into application manager -> Tools -> Application catalog, and delete all your repositories.
Then go to the repository master list select your os2008 and select all repositories and install them.

Then hope you can update the available apps. The repositories are under a large strain and it's not likely it will update. I started disabling repositories, updating, then adding them back one or two at a time to identify what repositories were not loading.

Once you do that search for the 2008 versions of your apps and re-install.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheGogmagog For This Useful Post:
Thanks...

Going to reflash it in a bit - after getting a new larger memory card

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Lake Wobegon, Minnesota
Originally Posted by TheGogmagog View Post
For starters they say don't restore settings from 2007. You may need to re flash.
Second, with a few exceptions the 2007apps won't work on os2008.

Before you re flash you can try this, go into application manager -> Tools -> Application catalog, and delete all your repositories.
Then go to the repository master list select your os2008 and select all repositories and install them.

Then hope you can update the available apps. The repositories are under a large strain and it's not likely it will update. I started disabling repositories, updating, then adding them back one or two at a time to identify what repositories were not loading.

Once you do that search for the 2008 versions of your apps and re-install.
If I am reading this correctly BEFORE I update to 2008 I should delete all repositories and then go the lisited site and download all those?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Manchester
the applications repositories are very slow at the moment.

i think once the initial rush has calmed down you'll be able to install stuff

Well reflashed but due to load...

still no apps, oh well, going to give up for a while.

(All I currently want is ruddy open-ssh)

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Originally Posted by Arimus View Post
(All I currently want is ruddy open-ssh)
I had the same problem a few hours ago, I managed by using only command line and did it like 5 times.

And, as I've done it in command line, I still have the packages in the cache. Which I have posted on my repository.
So if you really don't manage you can get them here (add this repo)

debfarm.free.fr
user
bora

And better do it from the command line, because since a few days this damned repository also has network problems but much less critical that maemo's.

This is critical security software so if you want to (and you should) check, you'll have to get the Packages.gz file from maemo repos. They include md5sum of included packages (openssh,..)

I've been fighting with this same issue since yesterday. it is specifically the http://repository.maemo.org/ repo causing the problems. and that goes for pretty much all fields. I just reflashed my n800 and did not restore my backup so everything was completely fresh. using the maemo garage install links i still could not install kagu. I'm contemplating reflashing with the beta just to see if its the repo or a bad release.

As of now I'm regretting doing the reflash since nothing is installable.

Originally Posted by ssam View Post
the applications repositories are very slow at the moment.

i think once the initial rush has calmed down you'll be able to install stuff
Yes, I agree ssam. Don't panic everyone! The reason you can't get Application Manager to work properly is that the download servers are absolutely swamped with everyone downloading the OS update PLUS all of the new versions of their applications.

I was not able to download the OS image today (had to use a mirror) and until about 1 hour ago I could not install ANYTHING from app manager. But now, it is all working -- albeit slowly.

It will get better soon.

I agree. I had trouble earlier today, then the server load must have lightened up because around 1200 GMT-5 I was able to install a few apps - including Skype.

All is well and it's working great.