Hello everyone,

The issues with Google contact sync are known about, and stem from two bugs (which have both now been fixed, and should be released in the next update). The first bug was an application permissions configuration setting issue, which meant that after some time after sign-in the sync adapter was unable to retrieve contact data. The second (and more serious) bug was that when this occurred, the sync adapter assumed that the account was invalid, and so purged all of the contact data which had been synced from Google.

We definitely realise that these sorts of issues are highly frustrating and we really appreciate the feedback, bug reports and logs which we've been sent which helped us to track down the issues.

If you come across any other issues, please feel free to contact me directly at chris dot adams at jolla dot com or post a question at TJC - I'm more active there than here on tmo.

Cheers,
Chris.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chriadam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Updating the Google account sign-in credentials (from the top menu) seems to fix the issue for good. Its an interesting thing that a number of contact disappearing issues seem to have happened exactly yesterday for at least several people. The questions is - what day was yesterday.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
This has now been acknowledged by Jolla and fix on the way. It was hell for me yesterday when these disappeared when I was away from my office.

There is a temp solution in the answer section of this thread on jolla.together
https://together.jolla.com/question/...phone-numbers/

This happened yesterday due to a google change IIRC

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Re-syncing is no help for me, because I have nothing to sync apart from random email addreses. I do not even want to have anything to sync with Google.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-02-26 at 10:32.