Hi
apologies I know pairing has come on numerous occasions but advice required.
Techy from back office tried to pair my N800 with N95. He used his own sim card which was enabled for DUN and made what he thought was necessary alteration to N95 but to no avail.
Was I unlucky or can anyone advise of 3g phone from 3 that will pair with N800.

Cheers

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I have a Nokia 6120 on 3 which pairs with N800 no problem. I have the tenner a month broadband package

Does the phone pair ok, but not connect to the net?, as it could be the name in the DUN settings as on the default there is a space at the start of the name which breaks everything - try renaming the settings and then try. It should work

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
I have an N73 paired with a N810 on 3 with no problem. Its an XSeries phone so I get 512MB data (I have the modem as well for use on the other computers, but a different PAYG contract on that).
The N95 will connect fine on 3.
In connections, start a new connection
Call it what you like (3 for instance)
select 'Packet Data'
Hit Next
Select 'three.co.uk' (without the quotes). Note that if you did this with the wizard it will put a space at the end and it will not work. Clear it and type it in yourself. No spaces
dialup is '*99***1#' (but *99# will probably be ok)
user and pass is blank

The Following User Says Thank You to tabletrat For This Useful Post:
I have a W890i ( bought it for the HSDPA) . I have it paired ok. Set to authorised and dealt with the renaming of three.co.uk ( extra space) but still getting internet connection failed message....
The modem icon shows briefly in the phones screen. The bluetooth icon goes blue momentarily on my N800.
Pointers or hints appreciated

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Is this a contract phone? Do you have bandwidth on that contract?
Can you browse the phone by bluetooth?

Just tried with my W880i too. Exactly same result. Both contract phones.

I have not purchased a plan as yet (£10 for 1Gb) .. was going to try to see if it worked first before buying a plan( and therefore be charged £2 per Meg .. £2 quid is cheaper than paying £10 ! to find it don’t work).

It seems to throw the “ cannot connect to internet “mesasage a bit too quick for me to think that it’s the bandwith that’s the issue ..

When starting the DUN for the 1st time the N800 asks if it can use the phone as a modem.. i click yes.. then allow always.

I have tried to connect to the phone before trying to connect to internet, I get the " do you want to start the remote control " message..if I select desktop then that works great .. .. browsing the N800 via the controls of the phone .

Question 1.. when you buy a plan do you receive a text sim update that adds something extra to the phone menu ?

Question 2 .. are you running Diablo ?

For the sakes of experimentation I will phone 3 now and take a 1 month plan and report back.

I took ages to get my 6120 to connect. Then I realised that it was because there was always a data connection to 3 active. Once I killed that connection it would connect first time. Worth checking your phones connection manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to imtab For This Useful Post:
@imtab ..thanks ! just called '3' and they said that DUN wouldn't work because i had a handset internet plan running rather than a DUN plan.( Can only run 1 or the other !)
I have had this changed and now have to wait 48 hours (24 for deactivation of handset internet plan and 24hours for activation of DUN plan)

Will report back when it's all up and running

Originally Posted by tabletrat View Post
I have an N73 paired with a N810 on 3 with no problem. Its an XSeries phone so I get 512MB data (I have the modem as well for use on the other computers, but a different PAYG contract on that).
The N95 will connect fine on 3.
In connections, start a new connection
Call it what you like (3 for instance)
select 'Packet Data'
Hit Next
Select 'three.co.uk' (without the quotes). Note that if you did this with the wizard it will put a space at the end and it will not work. Clear it and type it in yourself. No spaces
dialup is '*99***1#' (but *99# will probably be ok)
user and pass is blank
sincere thanks folks, friendly manager set it up after being assured that not using DUN for portable.... (did mention no way of checking if used as modem with N95)
Now dare I re flash....

Cheers

I'm still waiting for '3' to connect my internet package , but in the mean time ( and i wish i tried this earlier because now i'm signed up to a contract that i cant use) I connected my W890i to my laptop as a modem and it worked with no trouble at all.

Would be interesting to hear if any one managed to connect their W890i or even W880i successfully.

Next step ?? ........