Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
oranagra - I agree with most of what you have to say, but I still think iphone has the most apps out there, even if you dont count the useless apps. The reason is because so many people have it. If all those iphones were replaced with N900's, there would definitely be a lot more useful apps. But the fact that iphone has such a large population is what makes it succeed. If only 10 people have a good phone, and a thousand people have bad phones, which one do you think developers would want to build apps for? the one with more population of course, then they can make more money. This is why the N900 wont succeed until it grows in population.

Also, im expecting a Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 tomorrow, so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. It will have the US tmobile 3g bands, and will be running android 2.0. Its still in pre-production but I managed to get my hands on a retail model. The ones you see in reviews and videos are prototypes which are running android 1.6, the retail will be running android 2.0, which is the one I will be getting. Its expecting to release in UK in 2 weeks, and in USA in about a month or two. There aren't many reviewers out there that have a retail model so if you have any questions that you couldn't find answers to, feel free to ask. Ive owned an n900 before so I can do a fair comparison

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
didnt even bother reading the hole review... you fail from the beginning... iphone has multitasking?? but its slow?? its not multitasking.. its not even close to it.. multitasking is when i f.ex. are in the middle of downloading and installing an app in the application manager, at the same time im reading on a webpage in the browser... so while im reading im also installing something in the background at the same time. thus doong 2 tasks at once.. and therefor its called multitasking... try doing 2 tasks at once on iphone. you fail
Haha YOU fail. That actually works on an unjailbroken iPhone. Go ahead, complain next that you can't use the phone and browse, or listen to music while you do anything else... I wanna see what happens

Fanbois.., what can you say. I think you'll change your tune once Nokia abandons the n900 like they have with every single device in the past.

iPhone sure isn't perfect but it has 2 important things I wish my n800 had - decent apps and support.

Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
didnt even bother reading the hole review... you fail from the beginning... iphone has multitasking?? but its slow?? its not multitasking.. its not even close to it.. multitasking is when i f.ex. are in the middle of downloading and installing an app in the application manager, at the same time im reading on a webpage in the browser... so while im reading im also installing something in the background at the same time. thus doong 2 tasks at once.. and therefor its called multitasking... try doing 2 tasks at once on iphone. you fail
I guess you didn't see this pic which was just 2 posts above yours lol I browse and download at once all the time, iphone DOES have multitasking, it just doesn't come with it. Counter-fail
Attached Images

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
It seems the n900 needs a 25mm battery door extension to last a day and has no usb host or BT keyboard support despite claiming to be a personal computer. Its a poor phone and an even worse UMPC in its current state. It might be useful as a brick to throw at someone though, I would sure be scared anyhow...

The iphone and its appstore is more worthy of replacing a netbook than the n900 I agree. The iphone 4g will hopefully be the one. I will look forward to the new generation of Meego devices though.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-03-31 at 01:55.

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
it seems the n900 needs a 25mm battery door extension to last a day and has no usb host or bt keyboard support despite claiming to be a personal computer. Its a poor phone and an even worse umpc in its current state. It might be useful as a brick to throw at someone though, i would sure be scared anyhow...

The iphone and its appstore is more worthy of replacing a netbook than the n900 i agree. The iphone 4g will hopefully be the one. I will look forward to the new generation of meego devices though.
b*ullshit ^^

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ wigan uk
i agree with all the pros and cons of both devices i have a 32GB iphone 3GS and the nokia N900 i use the iphone as a gaming kinda phone as i like the games on it and the N900 as a every thing else device admitadly both devices are amazing n i'd find it hard to choose 1

Originally Posted by jamesf1985 View Post
i agree with all the pros and cons of both devices i have a 32GB iphone 3GS and the nokia N900 i use the iphone as a gaming kinda phone as i like the games on it and the N900 as a every thing else device admitadly both devices are amazing n i'd find it hard to choose 1
thats why I was thinking of just getting an ipod touch. Its the same as the iphone but without the phone right? So I can still get all the games and apps on it, and still have another phone with me. Although I dont know if the touch will be as fast as the 3gs when it comes to gaming

3rd gen ipod touch has slightly faster working internals than 3gs.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
3rd gen ipod touch has slightly faster working internals than 3gs.
Not really, but I think it's more complicated than that. The 32GB and 64GB have the same speed (incl. OpenGL speed increases) as the 3GS. The 8GB touch is faster than the 3G, but slower than the other two... Clear as mud?

The 8gb 3rd gen is in fact a 2nd gen rebranded. The speed differences between ipod 3rd gen and 3gs are neglible I agree but ipod touch is about 0.5 sec quicker on average judging by youtube comparison videos.