Notices

Went on a 300km trip yesterday with freshly installed ad updated smm10 (I had been using 9). Had streaming internet radio playing through fmtx in my car's speakers. The music faded out and the voiceguie came on, and the music faded back in.

Just awesome :-)

One annoying thing is that it's focus stealing.. If I switch to another app al keypresses go to sygic.

It seems to ask for (A)GNSS fix from the Location subsystem, which is cool because then the 15km-off network positioning fixes don't come screw it up.

Energy use with streaming internet radio, smm10, fmtx, screen at full brightness, and sometimes less than full bars of signal during the trip was pretty outrageous, but it was an awesome experience.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by sacal View Post
Thanks YoDude

You are right. I tested it and sygic crashes pressing rotate icon when not at full screen.
That's a bug and perhaps the reason why by default the rotate icon is disabled and the application is started full screen.
Hiding bugs is easier than fixing them.
Once you use the rotate button to cause Sygic to open in portrait, have you then tried to remove "-rfull" from the .desktop file?

I was wondering what would happen then?

SLN member # 009

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Once you use the rotate button to cause Sygic to open in portrait, have you then tried to remove "-rfull" from the .desktop file?

I was wondering what would happen then?
It crashes just before splash screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to sacal For This Useful Post:
Thanks for info was using using manual rotate without full screen. I now have two different .desktop files.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Has anyone here sucessfully upgraded Sygic? The repositories in Application Manager keep on failing for me. Have contacted Sygic support but have not heard back.

My version of Mobile Maps is the non-Ovi Store version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dunsurfin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dunsurfin View Post
Has anyone here sucessfully upgraded Sygic? The repositories in Application Manager keep on failing for me. Have contacted Sygic support but have not heard back.

My version of Mobile Maps is the non-Ovi Store version.
Yes. Sygic was successfully updated here.

Check your repository settings in appmanager:

Catalogue Name: Sygic Mobile Maps
Web Address: http://repository.sygic.com/maemo/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: non-free

The Following User Says Thank You to sacal For This Useful Post:
I have a problem with CTRL + Backspace switch, after I open a new application for example Terminal or Notes, the new application not has the focus, so when I try to write with hardware keyboard in the new application, sygic catch my pressed keys.
Is it normal? In the version 7.71 this doesn't happen.

Thank you

The latest upgrade is not working for me either. It keeps failing. I purchased the latest Sygic maps 10 for U.S. I received an email to upgrade. Tried to do the upgrade, but it doesn't work.