Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I offered to help a TMO friend to get JOlla from finland, to buy it here (a new one) and to ship it to HK.
However, the shipping costs are pretty high. I contacted 6 different courier companies and asked for a quote; the offers were in the order of 130eur ... 160eur.
Thanks juiceme!

Thanks your TOH

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by cholguin View Post
i am working it out with a seller from the US who was selling one for USD400, but someone offered him more so i got to see where will this end, actually getting it here used could also easily get it up to USD600, so might as well try getting it new from factory.
"Someone offered him more" - sounds like something my ex-realtor would have said.

Hypothetically, we could say that I got my Jolla to Canada by having family in the UK buy it. Perhaps I got it from them when I visited and took it back to Canada in my pocket as my main device... but of course I can't confirm or deny that story since there might be import duty/tax involved if that were true

Of course, that doesn't help you much, but it does serve to illustrate that it's not easy to get a Jolla in North America.

If you were in Ontario, I could probably help you as I visit the UK fairly often, but sending something across the CA-US border is also ruinously expensive so probably not much help.

Thanks everyone for their help, I was down to 2 options:

1) I found a place called www.Skybox.net, where you either buy the phone directly in Europe and ship it to their Europe address for reshipping to you, or you let them buy it for you and they will ship to you directly. Is a little expensive, since you have to pay everything, but you will get the phone with a formal service, and you can pay directly.

2) Get it locally in US. Fortunately thanks to a post here I was pointed to a seller in the US that had one in Mint condition and sold it to me for a reasonable amount.

I went with option number 2.

Thanks everybody and God Bless.

The Following User Says Thank You to cholguin For This Useful Post:
Thanks again LouisDK!!!

Now I am unlike, I am Jolla, Linux 4ever!!!!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by cholguin View Post
To sum up, i loved Maemo, i loved Meego and now i love Sailfish.

Sailfish is what a real efficient, eyecandy true OS for cellphone should be, it has engineering it is though for the human, simple intuitive but useful and customisable.

I actually tried it on the N9 i had, but it was a beta incomplete state and even like that i loved it.

The thing is to get the full experience and full suport you have to have the hardware, and even though Jolla is working on porting it to other hardware i dont see that comming that soon, plus i always like the unadultared from designer manufacturer device.

For example is not the same running Meego in an N9 which was the device it was design for, than running it on other devices.

Well that is my opinion, yes i would like the whole experience, with the other half and all.

But thanks for your input, i am working it out with a seller from the US who was selling one for USD400, but someone offered him more so i got to see where will this end, actually getting it here used could also easily get it up to USD600, so might as well try getting it new from factory.

So my request for help still stands, if someone is willing to help me i can pay through PayPal just got to tell me the amount.

Thanks anyone in advance.
Send a pm to xanderx. He has a valid voucher to give away.maybe you can get him to buy the phone and ship it to you...

The question is...can he be trusted: D

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-07-14 at 11:00.