Notices

Contextkit was added to wazapp a while ago! is it possible to show my Wazapp status (that is if im connected or not) on LP screen?

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
For the record, finally I got it to work, too.
But I think some explanation is required here.
I ran into this python-script-not-running-issue because I had the assumption that python was preinstalled or at least would be activated by applying developer-mode... But unfortunately it's not. Thanks to thedead1440 for the enlightenment!

So for everybody else clueless like me, install Python first by
Code:
devel-su
rootme
apt-get install python
I really think it can't hurt to give info like this in the first post or a project page, if existent like in this case.
I was close to losing my nerve. As if being a Linux-n00b wasn't enough...
Anyway, thanks for this great app and the python-feature.

Feature request:
- Show if Bluetooth is activated (in case you have forgotten it's enabled, which happens quite often to me)
- Show clock-alerts
- Show flight-mode if activated
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
I had noticed issue when I first installed billboard and it is still there.
if you select green color for text, it appears briefly on LPS and then disappears. Any clue about fix?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by suyog View Post
I had noticed issue when I first installed billboard and it is still there.
if you select green color for text, it appears briefly on LPS and then disappears. Any clue about fix?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=156

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
Thanks.
Yes , it works with display set to vivid but then green colour looks ugly.
I am liking cyan more.

My events are one hour off (one hour earlier than in my calendar) when using {events} in Billboard. Any reason/setting for that? Used to work ok but after reinstalling my Mail for Exchange this problem has been introduced.

Other than this, brilliant app on a brilliant phone!

Thanks
Rob

The Following User Says Thank You to ridmaur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ridmaur View Post
My events are one hour off (one hour earlier than in my calendar) when using {events} in Billboard. Any reason/setting for that? Used to work ok but after reinstalling my Mail for Exchange this problem has been introduced.
I haven't tested it with MfE, so it could be that it's related to that. Does it happen only for events added/synced by MfE or for local events (that you add the calendar on the device and are not related to MfE) too? Can you try disabling MfE temporarily and wait for 1 hour (or reboot) to see if the time offset is related to MfE?

Is the time shown correctly in the calendar app?

Originally Posted by thp View Post
I haven't tested it with MfE, so it could be that it's related to that. Does it happen only for events added/synced by MfE or for local events (that you add the calendar on the device and are not related to MfE) too? Can you try disabling MfE temporarily and wait for 1 hour (or reboot) to see if the time offset is related to MfE?

Is the time shown correctly in the calendar app?
Actually all my calendar stuff is relying on Exchange so disabling it would be a no go as a solution but I temporarily turned it off and added an event to my device's local calendar and that had the correct time. So it must be MfE related.

Actually all my calendar stuff is relying on Exchange so disabling it would be a no go as a solution but I temporarily turned it off and added an event to my device's local calendar and that had the correct time. So it must be MfE related.
After re-enabling MfE calendars it still shows one hour off. What I will do if completely delete MfE, remove {events} from Billboard, then re-add MfE and then add {events}; see if that solves it.

Thanks for your support.

(btw events have correct times in Calendar as well as using the Calendar Feed utility)

After re-enabling MfE calendars it still shows one hour off. What I will do if completely delete MfE, remove {events} from Billboard, then re-add MfE and then add {events}; see if that solves it.

Thanks for your support.

(btw events have correct times in Calendar as well as using the Calendar Feed utility)
Final update: completely reset my device but problem still occurs. Are you doing the time calculation based on DST in the US? If so, this might be the reason as I think they will change from DST only upcoming weekend while most of Europe has changed last weekend. And that could also explain why initially this was working ok.

Thanks
Rob