Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
Me not. Instead of begging for new phone we should just buy them one. I am ready to give at least £50 if other people agree with me.
Let's get this done.

I know that Chen is offering one device. I'm still willing contribute towards a second device either to the Leste team or a device/bounty to someone willing to work on an AnBox port (assuming Sailfish, I am not sure if that is possible on Leste).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I know that Chen is offering one device. I'm still willing contribute towards a second device either to the Leste team or a device/bounty to someone willing to work on an AnBox port (assuming Sailfish, I am not sure if that is possible on Leste).
Just to clarify, Anbox is possible on both. The possible problem with Anbox is that its Android base will need to be updated to Android 9 if it is desired to use device's OpenGL drivers directly.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
(Someone on IRC pointed me here).

Wouldn't claim to be the founder (I think that would be freemangordon), but I am one of the main devs, and I will be giving a talk at FOSDEM about Maemo Leste: https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/smartphones/ - so FOSDEM might indeed be a good moment to pass that along.

Parazyd will be there too, freemangordon probably won't be, I think?
Yes, I won't be.

However, I still wonder how we're going to boot the device with upstream kernel. I am under the impression this is not possible ATM.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Just to clarify, Anbox is possible on both. The possible problem with Anbox is that its Android base will need to be updated to Android 9 if it is desired to use device's OpenGL drivers directly.
I think Sailfish for Xperia 10 is based on the Android 9 kernel. Isn't this the case with the community port for Pro 1?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Yes, I won't be.

However, I still wonder how we're going to boot the device with upstream kernel. I am under the impression this is not possible ATM.
Indeed, I think it's not possible ATM - but that might change.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Some link was posted a few months ago, now i just found this: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-MSM8998-Modem. So it might be possible?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ravelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ravelo View Post
Some link was posted a few months ago, now i just found this: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-MSM8998-Modem. So it might be possible?
The link is about booting the modem processor via remoteproc, but you need to first boot the main CPU(s) to linux to be able to boot remote processors.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There's also this, but the prebuilt images magically disappeared from the repo:
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...in-Arm-Laptops

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
What about this link: https://www.werts.nl/linux-kernel-5-...-is-whats-new/
It´s about linux 5.4:
A bunch of ARM-based laptops running the Snapdragon 835 SoC are supported by Linux 5.4, including the ASUS NovaGo, HP Envy X2 and the Lenovo Miix 630.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ravelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Let's get this done.

If the Leste team is getting a device from Chenliangchen himself, there is also a possibility to donate for Elros34 and/or Preflex if they are interested, because their chroot scripts are really amazing on a Pro¹, or to people behind PostmarketOS, or to SFOS porters who only have pre-production units. Don't get me wrong, more devices in the Leste team would be great too, but the other possibilities are interesting too in my opinion.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit