Notices

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
But you don't have nothing. You have an optimised, tested, QAed build of Flash 9. There are hacks around to change the version reported to websites if they incorrectly assert they need Flash 10 or above.

Are there really websites out there which truly require Flash 10.1 and aren't so heavy that using them on a 256MB ARM device is in the realms of fantasy?

I wouldn't get your hopes up, though.
Yeah that's the biggest problem of all. Most websites are upgrading to flash 10 for even no reason at all. And we can't do anything about it so for now yeah... That's our last hope. Also not all sites work with tweakflashver

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
all what i can say is : best of luck for the council .
we really need that flash 10.1 .

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes up, though.
Yes, I know the Council's chances of success are slim; however, I can't imagine those chances will be helped any by people passing the plugin around.

Council: So, TI, we're calling to check up on getting Flash 10.1 for N900 users in the maemo.org community. Boy, people really want it, and it would be a wonderful show of good will--
TI: It looks as though some already have it. And are sharing it in violation of the license. From your site.
Council: Oh, that. Umm.
TI: Have I introduced our corporate lawyers?
Council: Eep!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yes, I know the Council's chances of success are slim; however, I can't imagine those chances will be helped any by people passing the plugin around.
Indeed. It's also against the rules of the site and earns "infraction points" which can lead to temporary or permanent bans; IIRC.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I would like to know from those who have been authorized to download the plugin, whether it allows maps.google.com to show Street View, Vkv.raju can you test it please? Thanks

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I would like to know from those who have been authorized to download the plugin, whether it allows maps.google.com to show Street View, Vkv.raju can you test it please? Thanks
we all want to know, i want to know how youtube rolls .
""we got flash 10 and u didn't so get f****d""

Are there really websites out there which truly require Flash 10.1 and aren't so heavy that using them on a 256MB ARM device is in the realms of fantasy?
Yes, it's fantasy.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
guys what happend to those who got plugin.? i am curious

when n900 gets discontinued everywhere, when nokia stops updating it, when nobody cares about it anymore thats the only time they wouldnt mind flash 10 coming to n900 because thats the only time nobody will complain how laggy videos are on n900...

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
keep sending mail with differnet e-mail ids to get plugin. lol

Tags
flash, flash 10.1, n900 a8, use search