Active Topics

Poll: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro
Poll Options
Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by God View Post
Anyone interested in it? What are your opinions?
Hey God!

Having played with Android on my Nokia N900, I figure it will be quite the same experience, in which case I am not that impressed yet. Here is a good comparison between Nokia N900 and SE Xperia Pro.

GsmArena Comparison of Nokia N900 and Sony Ericcson Xperia Pro

I would expect a Smartphone coming out 2 years later to have a helleva lot more on offer than the SE Xperia Pro is offering.

Just shows how good the N900 really is.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-06-20 at 17:18. Reason: Added the link...

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Hey God!

Having played with Android on my Nokia N900, I figure it will be quite the same experience, in which case I am not that impressed yet. Here is a good comparison between Nokia N900 and SE Xperia Pro.

GsmArena Comparison of Nokia N900 and Sony Ericcson Xperia Pro

I would expect a Smartphone coming out 2 years later to have a helleva lot more on offer than the SE Xperia Pro is offering.

Just shows how good the N900 really is.
Well what more do you expect? Every mobile device out there isnīt bringing anythig more then SE Xperia Pro, so basically the entire mobile industry must be a disaster then... xD? The only thing that could be on the Pro would be a dual core processor....apart from that itīs packing basically the best hardware/software available. The N900 isnīt friendly enough for the market & the OS more or less dead. Iīm not being rude, just pointing out facts.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Nice handle mate. Seeing as you're God, could you please explain why my girlfriend turns into an angry hellbeast foaming at the mouth once a week, every month?

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Nice handle mate. Seeing as you're God, could you please explain why my girlfriend turns into an angry hellbeast foaming at the mouth once a week, every month?
To remind you nobody is perfect :-)

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Well what more do you expect? Every mobile device out there isnīt bringing anythig more then SE Xperia Pro, so basically the entire mobile industry must be a disaster then... xD? The only thing that could be on the Pro would be a dual core processor....apart from that itīs packing basically the best hardware/software available. The N900 isnīt friendly enough for the market & the OS more or less dead. Iīm not being rude, just pointing out facts.
I disagree it's the best hardware. Does it have a Carl Zeiss lens? Does it have a 32GB hard disk? Is it capable of dual booting or running more than one OS?

As for the best software (lol), you are kidding right?

I wonder who decided the N900 was not friendly enough for the market?
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

I have been persuading my wife to wait on this coming out for about 2 months.She wanted to get a desire Z because she likes the idea of a keyboard after playing with mine, but doesn't want to have to fiddle with the OS. But I made her wait. Now they go and put the release date back on the xperia pro, but she's still waiting. I searched and as far as I could find, It is currently the best alternative out there (or nearly out there) if you want a qwerty.

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
I disagree it's the best hardware. Does it have a Carl Zeiss lens? Does it have a 32GB hard disk? Is it capable of dual booting or running more than one OS?

As for the best software (lol), you are kidding right?

I wonder who decided the N900 was not friendly enough for the market?
The Xperia pro has the newest Sony Exmor RTM Mobile Sensor with f/2.4 lens aperture, you really want to compare that with the out-dated N900īs camera? lol. The only thing is the 32GB hard disk (which nobody needs), but thatīs the only flaw seeing as it only has 1GB. But you can install 80% of the apps on an SD card.

Of course Iīm not kidding.

Android vs Maemo, do I really have to explain it to you?
To able to enjoy the N900 the slightest you have to tweek it up with 100 different things, which isnīt really user-friendly is it now...?
People want an outstanding phone that is ready out of the box. And seeing as the Android Store has overtaken iPhone I donīt think thereīs much to say.

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
I have been persuading my wife to wait on this coming out for about 2 months.She wanted to get a desire Z because she likes the idea of a keyboard after playing with mine, but doesn't want to have to fiddle with the OS. But I made her wait. Now they go and put the release date back on the xperia pro, but she's still waiting. I searched and as far as I could find, It is currently the best alternative out there (or nearly out there) if you want a qwerty.
Milestone 2 is the only good alternative to the Xperia Pro. But just wait for it, itīs coming Early July...

Android is the leading OS.
Toyota Corolla is the best selling car of all time.

Guess what I am driving.

It`s not Toyota Corolla..

The Following User Says Thank You to philh For This Useful Post:
I'll check that out too, but I might have dismissed it already at some point. (maybe wrongly) but I'll have a look anyway.

Tags
android, qwerty