Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Saw this news on meego experts, haven't seen it over here yet, wanted to share this news with everybody

"TizenMee is a new project that developer Mike Sheldon is currently working on and it is designed to be able to make Tizen Applications run on MeeGo Harmattan (Nokia N9 / N950) using the Tizen API."
Check out the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwPu6lbG_Xk

Source:
http://www.meegoexperts.com/2012/07/...-nokia-n9n950/

Official source:
http://www.tizenexperts.com/2012/07/...n-nokia-n9n950

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yes, I saw that. It's amazing even if its in the early stages. Meego lives on throw Tizen

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
This is really cool stuff, lack of apps might not be an issue after all if Tizen kicks off well and gets a lot of support

So, if the N9 continues to develop Harmattan apps AND gets this Tizen compatibility app AND perfects one of the approaches to have the option for Android apps, then the N9 would continue to expand and be an app-lover's dream come true.

Of course, I already have more apps than I need with just Harmattan apps and mods. But to each, his or her own.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Hmmmm, actually this is Elleo's video from this forum, he showed this video few nights ago at #harmattan @ freenode, but someone already put it in the internetz =)

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Sorry, I should have made a post about it here sooner, I was just holding off until I'd tidied things up a bit and made the git repository public; but a lot of people seem to have become rather excited about the teaser video I made before I got around to it .

For those curious about how it works in more detail, it's based around a slightly modified version of the QT Cordova port (http://phonegap.ics.com/), with the Tizen APIs reimplemented as Cordova plugins (a mix of C and JavaScript). Plus a small python launcher that deals with the WGT format, and shows the menu of installed apps.

Naturally I'll be publishing it all under a free software license, and I'm planning on writing up a quick tutorial on how to help implement Tizen API functions using it so that other people can easily contribute and speed up the process of getting all of the Tizen API covered (at the moment only a tiny portion is implemented as a proof of concept).

The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Sorry, I should have made a post about it here sooner, I was just holding off until I'd tidied things up a bit and made the git repository public; but a lot of people seem to have become rather excited about the teaser video I made before I got around to it .

For those curious about how it works in more detail, it's based around a slightly modified version of the QT Cordova port (http://phonegap.ics.com/), with the Tizen APIs reimplemented as Cordova plugins (a mix of C and JavaScript). Plus a small python launcher that deals with the WGT format, and shows the menu of installed apps.

Naturally I'll be publishing it all under a free software license, and I'm planning on writing up a quick tutorial on how to help implement Tizen API functions using it so that other people can easily contribute and speed up the process of getting all of the Tizen API covered (at the moment only a tiny portion is implemented as a proof of concept).
Yeah I tweeted you the other day to find out of you were starting a thread & you said you needed to get the git rep. ready 1st.
Thanks mate!!! Plz start your own official thread here when you're ready (then you can update OP as/when needed).

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-04 at 17:06.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.

And we continue on without ELop the A**wipe

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Interestingly with PR1.3 input on the various games now works without me having had to do anything, so it seems the version of QtWebKit has been upgraded to some extent.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Interestingly with PR1.3 input on the various games now works without me having had to do anything, so it seems the version of QtWebKit has been upgraded to some extent.
Nice

p.s. didn't know you was welsh xD

Tags
harmattan, tizen