Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Well ,it has been about 2 years or so since i own a N900 but trust me i love it since the day i bought it and my love has not been any less till to date .A greatest machine ever .I am not going to tell you all great things that maemo5 contains as you know them already .
Even that N900 was launched in 2009 and this is 2012 today where there have been so many new devices launching every other day but to me ,really ,nothing can be compared to N900 .
I am a medical student so probably i dont have much time to deal with all the things my N900 has inside it but what about you ?
things which i still i am working on to understand or to learn ..I know there can million things but i am just going to point out some big fishes here .Its not that i cant understand them ,its just that my N900 keeps me so busy that i dont find enough time to deal with all the things which it is capable of .Only some of them are :
( 1 ) i have not understood queen beacon widget (qbw completely though i know some about it .
( 2 ) smscon editor is the 2nd one which i have not tested fully as i know there are plenty of features there ,though i know some of them but still there are things to test or to know .
( 3 ) Emulators such as mine craft which run high quality games ,i still have not touched them ,not yet ,so i wonder how amazing that would be .And i still have not been able to run all the games that N900 can run flawlessly.
( 4 ) i have not installed meego software on my n900 not yet ,neither i have tested ubuntu .i could manage to install nitdroid 2.3.4 ,still got to do something about 2.3.7 upgrade .
( 5 ) i still have not learned how to increase rootfs or how to increase space for more apps through a partition .

Well sure there are other plenty of things which are still being hidden from me as i chose maemo ,so every day is like a new day for me .And yeah there have been many other apps such as host mode beta , bless N900 ,blue-tooth tethering,cleven, MMS etc ,actually there are loads of them .
So i have my reasons to still keep my N900 for about 10 years or so ,or till N900 says goodbye to me forever . Between what are your reasons ?
DO share them ,through this we may able to find new things about N900.For example i just noticed last day that there was a panorama app for N900 which was banned from nokia later on but still i managed to install it on N900 and guess what it looks real great ,indeed .
Feel free to let us know what you stiill have not learned about N900 ,it might offer help to understand or to find new things about N900 . Between i have not fly a drone with N900 as well ;p .Adios .

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
erm minecraft isn't an emulator if am not mistaken? mine craft is a java based game me thinks.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Step 5. Increase space rootfs or messing with it will probably get you in some sort of problem sooner or later. I would not recommend it unless you have a specific needs for it.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-15 at 09:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
How can you not understand QBW it has one of the most comprehensive and up to date wikis about.
As does SMSCON

As regards the other points I just wouldn't bother.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
dualbooting, sniffing tools, easydebian, etc, uh i miss my n900 ...

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
How to overlock DSP for video recording in HD.
Camera-ui displays pictures in HD but freeze when I press on the record botton. Setting the kernel-config limits to 500 950 makes the phone turn off after a few seconds.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Well its not that i dont know how to operate those things ,all i meant to say this was that why or how people can say that they are going to stay with N900 forever . I know how to use QBW and other things ,but trully saying i have not bothered trying much . And that is the reason i am still with my N900.What i really meant is ,what are things which are keeping your interest with your N900 and what are the things ,you still have not configured about N900 ? it could be some apps as well as maemo 5 software .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by imo View Post
What i really meant is ,what are things which are keeping your interest with your N900 and what are the things ,you still have not configured about N900?
Keeping interest in the N900 would of course be the Meamo OS. If any phone producer would make another phone with Meamo I would buy it instantly.

Other than that is showing of to my friends how awesome the N900 is compared to their Iphones or Samsung. Just basic stuff like VNC or SSH will make them amazed.
Last week I showed some of my friends just a basic 'top' command and they were all like '' That a phone is capable of that! ''.

That is what makes the N900 fun. And of course what I don't understand yet is making a basic application. That's my goal

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Take a look at Saera and type "chuck norris". that could keep you entertaind for years

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: