Notices

Hi, i think I'm the guy who made the Bochs package for the N900 originally.

I should have provided some instructions, but I assumed that since Bochs is a bit hard to use anyway, only people who already know how to use it will try to use it - or will at least spend some time reading the manuals on http://bochs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin...ser/index.html.

If there's no "MeeGo" Harmattan package yet, I just might make one and try to add some better pointers on how to get started, but it might still remain as a command-line only thing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toninikkanen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi,

how did you (toninikkanen) make the bochs package? I would like to give it another shot during the upcoming holidays. My problems so far where that I could not get the keyboard to work. If I keyboard and mouse pointer would work correctly I would be able to set up kolibri os to run and use their onscreen keyboard and have some fun with it on the n900. Speed should be all right. Perhaps a newiert bochs would help, too!

Yours Baggacfreak!

Hi,

I did the package in a pretty straightforward way. If I go back to my old files it seems I have configured Bochs with --enable-pci --enable-clgd54xx --enable-apic --with-sdl --enable-all-optimizations

If the keyboard support can't seem to work, one way would be to simply try the different interface options before digging into it deeper. If I remember correctly, mouse was problematic as it was almost impossible to hit anything properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to toninikkanen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi,

is it possible to use chainrooted linux and a bochs installation within this? I guess within this linux keyboard and mouse should work! Or would it be a good try to connect a bluetooth keyboard mouse device and test this. VNC into the n900 is a no go for the long run!

Thanks for the reply!